Community
Wiki Posts
Search

veranda resort cha am

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:58 am
Original Poster

veranda resort cha am

Hi has any one stayed at the veranda in cha am , what is the best way to get to hua hin , any idea approx how much in a taxi, thanks
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't stayed at that property but did recently stay one just a few Km to the south (Cher Resort).

From Bangkok (city, not airport) I pre-arranged a metered taxi for 2,000 baht with a driver I've used for ~ 5 years. We had one pick-up in Prawet, near the airport.

From this property we transferred to Hua Hin city via private car, arranged locally, for 500 baht, admittedly a bit on the high side for this journey. We liked the driver/car so arranged for him to take us back to Bangkok after a stay at Putharacsa Resort, we paid 2,500 baht, again with 2 drop-offs.

You can often find Bangkok metered taxis in Hua Hin looking for fares back to Bangkok (after having transported people to Hua Hin), in/around the area of the train station and Phet Kasem (Rt. 4/Main north/south road). These can be bargained to 1,500 baht.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 4:28 pm

For private taxi's generally you can pay between 2250 - 2500 baht, Bangkok to Hua Hin and 1500 - 1750 baht, Hua Hin to Bangkok.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
A always pay 4,000 round trip from the airport to Cha-Am with a private driver. My driver charges the same for Cha-Am & Hua Hin.

I too would like to know about the Veranda resort as I'm looking for an alernative to the soon to no longer be Cha-Am Courtyard hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
there are Mini buses at Victory Monument if you want to go the cheaper way or have little luggage.

RB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.