Reload this Page >

Dental Clinics in Bangkok

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dental Clinics in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2014, 1:20 am

I just thought I should report back since I started this thread a few years ago. After trying the Sukhumvit Dental Hospital (mentioned above), we ended up switching to BNH and have been going there ever since. I will be relocating to BKK soon and will continue to use BNH for all dental and healthcare needs. I am very impressed with the high standards of care at BNH, and like that the service is very personalized compared to larger dental clinics and hospitals.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:05 am
Suspended

Thailand is one of the best place where people can get dental implant and also other plastic surgery procedures on a very affordable estimates.
Old Nov 11, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

and also other plastic surgery procedures on a very affordable estimates.

Maybe best to steer clear of the SP Clinic in Lad Phrao?

Another plastic surgery patient dies in Thailand

News Desk
The Nation
Publication Date : 25-10-2014

Plastic surgery in Thailand has made the headlines again, this time because of the death of a British customer - a 24-year-old woman who died while undergoing hip surgery in Bangkok's Huai Khwang district late on Thursday.

The clinic was immediately slapped with a 60-day closure order, while the two doctors involved in the fatal procedure are subject to investigations by both police and the public health ministry.

SP Clinic owner Dr Sompop Sansiri, who performed the surgery, is charged with recklessness leading to the death of a person.

If convicted, he will face up to 10 years in jail and/or a fine of up to 20,000 baht (US$617).

Sompop is also set to face several other charges related to the case. He was found to have been performing the surgery beyond authorised hours. His clinic was supposed to close by 8pm, but the death reportedly took place at around 11.30pm.

http://www.asianewsnet.net/Another-p...and-66465.html
Old Nov 15, 2014, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Hip surgery! Isn't that rather extending the definition of cosmetic procedures?
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: AA MM (like it matters!) All of my flying was personal travel, and COVID-19 stopped that.
A few years ago, I broke an old crown the night before I was scheduled to fly to Bangkok. No problems, but it needed attention.

On a suggestion from an acquaintance, who'd had some work done there and was very satisfied with the results, I went to Dental Design Clinic & Lab on Asoke road.

They did an outstanding job, at a VERY reasonable price. I've paid a LOT more for similar quality work in the US.

I have no qualms at all recommending them.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ, BA, TG, Sheba, VN, MPO since 1980
Pantip Dentist in Patpong has been used for years by many local farang residents
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I have used both BIDC and Asavanant for root canals which involved drilling through an existing crown. The endodontists were very competent as this is a bit difficult to do. The price was roughly equivalent at both clinics, about 25-30% of the cost in the USA. I made the appointments online through their websites and e-mailed them my x-Rays before traveling.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
I'm very pleased with dental work at Thantakit Dental Clinic. When I comparison priced a teeth guard in 2009, their prices were lower priced that several other clinics. I've since been back in 2013 and plan on a crown and cavity filling later this year.

You can check their online price list to compare costs.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: NZ*S
Just kicking this thread back to life to see if there is anybody with recent experiences/information that would like to contribute.

I've just booked myself a holiday to Thailand and would like to get some dental work done while i'm up there. I'm off to a local dentist to get x-rays and an assessment done before I go to try to figure out a plan of what needs to get done in BKK (or SEA region), but I believe that i'm up for a couple of surgical extractions and a couple of fillings, and eventually i'd like to replace those teeth that will be extracted so likely a couple of implants in future.

I have read several threads on here and trip advisor that suggest that Bumrungrad has been raising its prices regularly and that the prices are now not the bargain they once were, and that Thantakit have a reputation of finding reasons to add extra charges. Is there truth in this?

The prices for a single tooth implant on the Thantakit website are about half the retail cost here in NZ for the same procedure, but with groupon type deals they can be had for about the same price, so if Thantakit is going to start nickel and diming the price up, It may not make sense (assuming the local places don't have the same idea).

I'm currently a bit overwhelmed by the options and slowly researching all I can, but I would love to get some feedback from FTers who have used the services of any of the dental centers in Thailand, or have good on the ground knowledge. Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:48 pm

I still use BNH for all of my family's dental care needs, as well as for everything from extensive long term medical treatment to routine checkups. It's simply a great hospital.

I feel that prices at BNH are very good value for the quality of care. Also, there has been no price gouging in my experience.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Sep 5, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I've been to Thantakit twice and will be returning a third time this November. I've never had them push any extra services during my visit.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe look through this thread...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/forum/...-and-medicine/

I continue to be pleased with the Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 49 .
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transpac
I continue to be pleased with the Dental Hospital on Sukhumvit Soi 49 .
FYI, This Dental Hospital has relocated to Phra Khanong. It's right next to the Habito Mall. I take the BTS to Phra Khanong (E8), use exit #3 , and then take a motorbike taxi.

https://goo.gl/maps/G4FcB7MNh4A2

Dental Hospital
7 Soi On Nut 1/1, Sukhumvit 77
Sukhumvit Road, Phra Khanong Nuea
Watthana, Bangkok 10110

Tel. 02 092 2000
E-mail: [email protected]
DENTAL HOSPITAL BANGKOK
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:05 pm

Are you still pleased with the services and prices?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, although I must admit that my requirements are fairly minimal. I go every six months for a check-up and cleaning.

I do know quite a few friends, colleagues and extended family who also use this facility.

And judging by the people waiting, it seems like a mix of foreigners, their children, and wealthier Thais. My sample size is obviously small; I always go on a Sunday.

The new facility is a bit more challenging to get to, but not that much more to warrant finding a new provider. Getting to the clinic from Phra Khanong BTS is easy, but the return a bit more challenging. I usually have to walk out to On Nut Rd, then grab a motorbike back to On Nut BTS

I only added the update when I saw this old thread pop-up and wanted people to know about the relocation, which was ~ 1 year ago.

There are many, many, many good dental facilities here, and it is easy to find reviews/recommendations on those. I think I only chose this one because of reviews here and on ThaiVisa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.