Search

Massage/spa options for long BKK layover

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Massage/spa options for long BKK layover

I am actually kind of surprised there aren't more posts on this thread about this.

I have two long layover/stopovers transiting BKK in December. TG has me booked into the Ambassador, but I'll still have several hours at the airport on my return.

Any recommendations (airport or city, preferably somewhere close to the Ambassador) for massage/spa?

I'm not just interested in massage; I wouldn't mind spending a few hours on a 'package' at a good place.

Depending on the responses, might be a good idea to add to the 'marketplace' thread.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
TG booked you in the Ambassador in Sukhumvit 11 ? Shocking.

Two big franchise spas relatively close to your hotel are Urban Retreat and Healthland. Both are completely legit.

http://www.healthlandspa.com/asoke.html

I think they have a new Healthland in Sukhumvit 19 now but the website doesn't show it so I'm not sure whats going on there.

I typically visit Urban Retreat Asoke (Direct at BTS Asoke). You would take the Skytrain from Nana station, a few hundred meters from your hotel and get off the next stop at Asoke station. From there it's a 90 second walk to Urban Retreat Asoke.

This location has only been open for about 9 months so the facilities are in good shape.

http://www.urbanretreatspa.net/map-asoke.php

They now offer Jurlique products. I normally go for a 30 min body scrub and 2 hours aromatherapy massage.

As for pricing, Package D here in the promo list gives you 3.5 hours of bliss for around 3200 Baht + whatever tips you might give them.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: various
There is a very nice spa up the street from the Ambassador: Ananda Spa. You should be able to google it. For a lower to mid-range priced spa, Raintree on Soi 11 (west side, near the Rosabieng Restaurant) is OK also. Both of these offer packages, both are also legit spas. Best to book at least a few hours in advance. I've heard good things about Urban Retreat also, but haven't tried it personally yet.

The commercial massage services at the Airport are overpriced and quality of staff not consistent, so best to have a real spa experience in town.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:22 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by chollie
I am actually kind of surprised there aren't more posts on this thread about this.
You didn't search hard enough http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thail...ssage-bkk.html

Originally Posted by forumpersona999
TG booked you in the Ambassador in Sukhumvit 11 ? Shocking.
Really??? WOW indeed shocking ... The Ambassador on Suk 11 is a dump in comaprison to other properties in BKK.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: BR Gold
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Two big franchise spas relatively close to your hotel are Urban Retreat and Healthland. Both are completely legit.

http://www.healthlandspa.com/asoke.html
I've been to almost all of their locations...... they are all good!
Old Jan 11, 2011, 5:26 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
well you may just want to try the Spa at the hotel on the 2nd floor. I have been going there for years now. Lots of treatment packages. Prices are decent and they usually are running some type of special.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:08 am
Suspended

Any recommended spa near/at the Le Meridien? Not looking for a $$$ place, but neither cheap and shady either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.