Search

Thailand Forum Community Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 11:12 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Thailand Forum Community Thread

Similar to other forum lounge threads, I thought we could open up a thread for open discussion...
Old Jan 15, 2010, 9:38 pm

Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil, Rayong, Thailand, USA, Florida, NY and California
Programs: American Platinum Lifetime, Starwood Gold, United, Krisflyer, Delta, Lufthansa, Thai, Int. Avenger
Expressly, Murder in the Orient

Ok...I'll bite.....let's start with this;

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/inve...ive-prostitute

I would like to start the discussion by saying that the person noted in the article should be arrested and tried for attempted murder, as she is knowingly spreading HIV to her customers. In Thailand, nothing is done about this. I guess the "entertainment" value of Thailand and the hotel "guest friendly" attitude mentioned here often, can be greatly dampened by a visitor using her services?

There are a lot of comments by the readers of the BKK Post, attached to the article. If people would read them, maybe we could have some discourse on this too.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Similar to other forum lounge threads, I thought we could open up a thread for open discussion...
Great idea Sean,Thank you !

Bangkok is my favourite city and my partner and I usually try to route our trips to asia through Bangkok. We have two planned this year and although at the moment our plans are to continue on to Shanghai & Hangzhou in one trip and Bali & Java on another I'm sure we will end up taking at least one detour(probably to Krabi or one of the southern islands).

We always try to visit somewhere new to us in Bangkok on each trip so hopefully we will get new ideas here and elsewhere on FT.

Last edited by paul2; Jan 16, 2010 at 3:29 pm Reason: additional info
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:27 pm

Location: Rio Grande do Sul, Brasil, Rayong, Thailand, USA, Florida, NY and California
Programs: American Platinum Lifetime, Starwood Gold, United, Krisflyer, Delta, Lufthansa, Thai, Int. Avenger
I recently tried a Chateau de Loei rose wine, produced in Loei province, Thailand. The wine was fairly expensive compared to prices in other countries....I understand the tax is actually 390% on certain countries imported wine!! It was just Ok compared to European, South American, Australian and other well known producers.

Any thoughts on the wine industry in Thailand, those that produce the wine and possibly other wines you have tried and enjoyed?

Here is an interesting document;

http://www.flex-news-food.com/files/...and_270809.pdf
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by maskedavenger
Ok...I'll bite.....let's start with this;

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/inve...ive-prostitute

I would like to start the discussion by saying that the person noted in the article should be arrested and tried for attempted murder, as she is knowingly spreading HIV to her customers. In Thailand, nothing is done about this. I guess the "entertainment" value of Thailand and the hotel "guest friendly" attitude mentioned here often, can be greatly dampened by a visitor using her services?

There are a lot of comments by the readers of the BKK Post, attached to the article. If people would read them, maybe we could have some discourse on this too.
Any woman wanting to work in an, um, 'massage-type' business must be tested for HIV first. As the manager of a lab my better half has been asked numerous times to submit a clean sample in place of one that is shown to be positive. This is a widespread practice. If my better half was interested in money more than her job she'd be much more comfortable in life.

Alas, there are many girls working various professions that should not be and claiming to be HIV free when in fact they are not.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 11:27 am
Suspended

OK, I take it back....Gentleman's Club...........

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brothel

....but be advised.....illegal under Thai law
Well then it's a good thing for them that the Thai authorities must not know what's going on there.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by D1andonlyDman
Well then it's a good thing for them that the Thai authorities must not know what's going on there.
They certainly are aware.....it has been on the news a few times......but the French owner knows how to grease the wheels of "justice"....Thai style......
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:01 pm
Suspended

They certainly are aware.....it has been on the news a few times......but the French owner knows how to grease the wheels of "justice"....Thai style......
Really - are you saying that there is corruption in Thailand?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by D1andonlyDman
Really - are you saying that there is corruption in Thailand?
Yes, I think it is possibly so.......
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:43 am
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Instead of taking threads off topic with discussions, I've moved most of the posts here. There are plenty of nightlife bulletin boards on Thailand. Discussions that tread though that mud, the type of posts that tend to get opinionated and out of hand, will still be deleted. This isn't a refuge from the FT rules & guidelines.

But, if you enjoy the banter of open topic discussion , remember to check this thread.

Sorry to move posts and delete. I don't really enjoy it. But, that's the gig, right?
Play nice now, will ya, OK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.