Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Lounge in HKT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Domestic Lounge in HKT

I am a *G passenger and will need to spend a long time in HKT airport in transit to a HKTBKK flight on TG. Is there a domestic TG lounge that I could use? If yes, how does it compare to the TG lounges in BKK? My priorities are: Free & Reliable Wi-Fi, shower, peace and quiet, food.

Also, is the lounge airside or landside?
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
We were there in March 2008. The lounge was undergoing a re-fit. It is small with PC access. Basic snacks and drinks. not the place to spend more than about an hour though. If I were you I'd be looking to book a much earlier flight and enjoy the lounges at BKK instead.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 6:33 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FedUp2
I am a *G passenger and will need to spend a long time in HKT airport in transit to a HKTBKK flight on TG. Is there a domestic TG lounge that I could use? If yes, how does it compare to the TG lounges in BKK? My priorities are: Free & Reliable Wi-Fi, shower, peace and quiet, food.

Also, is the lounge airside or landside?
Yes, there is a small but perfectly adequate lounge airside at HKT. It has free relaible wi-fi (this is Thailand though, so no promises ), food is basic but OK; the infamous cheese, tuna, other sarnies, some savoury pastries, small cakes. Tea and instant (yuk!) coffee is available as are soft drinks but no alcohol of course in domestic lounges or in-flight. It should be peaceful enough though can get busy when a fully laden B744 is about to go. I am uncertain about the shower...when are you there, I can check it for you when I travel through there in a few days if you like? It is no BKK TG lounge of course!
Old Jan 6, 2009, 8:58 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks, NoY (that moniker is an excellent mantra to live by)!

I will be in HKT during the third week of Jan, but need to make some travel plans (which depend somewhat on the lounge) in the next few days. So any news you can gather, will be much appreciated.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 2:53 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by FedUp2
Thanks, NoY (that moniker is an excellent mantra to live by)!

I will be in HKT during the third week of Jan, but need to make some travel plans (which depend somewhat on the lounge) in the next few days. So any news you can gather, will be much appreciated.
Sure. I will be there saturday a.m. (HKT time) and can post from the lounge with the missing info. if that helps?
Old Jan 7, 2009, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
No shower at this lounge. Everything else as stated by NoY.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Wow this is a pathetic excuse for a lounge. A single narrow room absolutely packed to the gills. Took one look and went to Coral lounge. No AC, but at least there are windows and lots of empty seats.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wow this is a pathetic excuse for a lounge. A single narrow room absolutely packed to the gills. Took one look and went to Coral lounge. No AC, but at least there are windows and lots of empty seats.
It's a temporary lounge that is pre-security, with windows.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Yep - it is indeed beyond pathetic. I have voiced my criticism in previous threads on here regarding HKT, and as of last month the situation has not changed - still ‘temporary’ with no end in sight...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by justforfun
It's a temporary lounge that is pre-security, with windows.
They had the windows completely covered (likely to keep the temperature down). So it was a small, narrow, very crowded, and dark room.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:06 am

From my point of view HKT is significant below average about services for premium passengers in almost every aspect. I think, the best strategy for domestic flights is to arrive at the airport as late as possible. At the international terminal I recommend to stay at the regular restaurants.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:43 am
soy

Programs: various
The PP lounges are better than TG's in HKT, at least you can have a beer
Decor is better too, but still would not want to be there for long
NoY likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by thbe
From my point of view HKT is significant below average about services for premium passengers in almost every aspect.
Including the class of "premium passengers." Rampant line-cutting at boarding, followed by boorish behavior onboard. TG is now selling BKK-HKT for $325 US in J RT.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
TG is now selling BKK-HKT for $325 US in J RT.
What was your point about price ? Too cheap? Too expensive?
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
What was your point about price ? Too cheap? Too expensive?
The low price is filling the cabin with passengers (tourists) who are not used to flying and have no clue how to behave on an aircraft.
SKT-DK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.