Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When do status change?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2003, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
When do status change?

My friend has just completed 10,000 qualifying miles with ROP in 2 months. The miles have been updated but the status still remain as MEMBER. Does he need to call THAI for them to change the status? Isn't status change automatically reflected by system once you hit 10,000 or 50,000 qualifying miles for Silver and Gold status respectively?
Old Nov 29, 2003, 1:25 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
When I made ROP silver and gold I waited about 4-5 weeks before the status is changed and the card mailed to me.
Old Nov 29, 2003, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Thanks.

That's quite a long period of time to wait. Imagine if you have qualified for Gold, you will not be able to enjoy the *G status (e.g. lounge access) till a month later. I thought status change should be immediate.
Old Nov 30, 2003, 9:16 pm
spk

Programs: TG*G
You may speed up the process by calling the ROP service center.
Old Dec 1, 2003, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by spk:
You may speed up the process by calling the ROP service center.</font>
Thanks. My friend has called ROP in Bangkok. He was told that all status change will be updated on Thursday and ROP members will be able to see the changes on Friday via their online website. The bonus miles will also be credited to the account on Friday itself when the status gets updated.

Thereafter, after the status change, it will takes 3-4 weeks for the card to arrive.
Old Dec 25, 2003, 6:37 am

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
Thai evaluates the status every month on the 1st and 15th. You do not need a membership card if you quote your number on reservation for lounge acces etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.