Wiki Posts
Search

TG aircraft utilization

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2001, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
TG aircraft utilization

Was bored the other day and spent some time looking deeply into TG's flight schedule. Seems they could really revamp there flight schedule
For example

1 why doesnt LAX-BKK arrive in BKK in morning so passengers can connect on to other destinations? I heard it used to

2 Many flights to europe and some to
japan have 8 hours ground sit time

3 TG only flies to Hanoi 4 times a week
but Ho Chi Minh 10 flights a week

4 Why didnt TG pick up Siem reap
before Bangkok Airways

Love to hear other comments!

------------------
TG Silver/UA premier
Old Jul 28, 2001, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
So surprised the thai airways
regulars havent made many
comments on my thread?
Oh well guess it is not too thrilling a topic <g>

------------------
TG Silver/UA premier
Old Jul 28, 2001, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
Sorry about that. You raise some good points that are thought provoking and certainly worthy of discussion.

1 why doesnt LAX-BKK arrive in BKK in morning so passengers can connect on to other destinations? I heard it used to
Not sure, but I know that TG picks up and discharges a number of pax in Japan (KIX and NRT, depending on day), so the schedule might reflect some compromise in the times. I also fly UA a fair bit transpac, and those flights have comparable arr/dep times in Japan.

3 TG only flies to Hanoi 4 times a week
but Ho Chi Minh 10 flights a week

I've taken both flights, and it does seem to me like the frequency is related to the loads. Hanoi doesn't seem to generate the traffic like Saigon does.

4 Why didnt TG pick up Siem reap
before Bangkok Airways

TG is government; PG is private. What else is there to discuss

It has been sad to see TG degenerate as it has over the past few years, not only in equipment but also in leadership and vision. TG is run along the lines of most Thai agencies, with committees within committees. I just looked up the term 'corporate in-fighting' and found a picture of a dozen Thais in a boardroom with the TG logo superposed (pood len - just kidding). TG talks about selling about 10-15% to the public, with a similar or slightly greater share going to an airline. I personally don't think that would be enough to 'privatise' TG's style of management and operations, but at least it would be a start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.