Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recently joined ROC, what's up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2001, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Recently joined ROC, what's up?

Hi

I signed up for Thai's Royal Orchid Club about a month and a half ago. I have flown Thai a few times, unfortunatly before I found out about FF programs, and I think Thai is a great carrier - but I still havn't recieved a card. I printed out the online picture of my card when I joined, but I don't think I can show this at the check-in of LH (etc.). Do Thai Airways send a real card? I've seen that its pretty easy to get gold on Thai, but I wouldn't enjoy trying to get into a *A lounge with the printout of my card... should I wait for the real thing or is ROP no for me..

Cheers, Zaco
Old Apr 7, 2001, 4:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Only Royal Orchid Plus Gold gets you into Star Gold lounges. You don't get into lounges just with a Royal Orchid Plus card.
Old Apr 7, 2001, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Location: Oz, Wales, Fiji. AirNZ Gold Elite, Virgin Australia Platinum, Qantas Gold, Hyatt and IHG Platinum.
Hi BlondBomber

thanks for the info, but will Thai send me a real card? The print-out of my card really looks bad (especially because my printer is kind of old ), and I have the feeling that some check-in agents wouldn't take me seriously handing over an A4 sheet of paper with a grainy image of a card in the centre.
Cheers, Zac
Old Apr 7, 2001, 7:40 pm

Programs: QF & NW Clubs. Will never buy another ticket on UA or US.
Originally posted by Zaco:
thanks for the info, but will Thai send me a real card? ....I have the feeling that some check-in agents wouldn't take me seriously handing over an A4 sheet of paper with a grainy image of a card in the centre.
Cheers, Zac
Zaco,

Thai will only send you a card when you reach *Silver (that's 10,000 flight miles credited to your account in a single year). Until then you do just use the printout. You should note however that there is absolutely no need to show a card (unless its Silver/Gold etc) at checkin - you simply quote your ROP membership number (in the same way you would when booking) to ensure you get credit. In my experience check-in agents are absolutely fine with simply quoteing/confirming the number, and as for LH, they actually only give people a piece of paper till they have 3000 miles in their account so there agents are very used to quoted numbers/pieces of paper. (Ansett here in Australia give you paper until you reach *Gold)

If you desperately feel the need for a plastic card you could join United's Mileage Plus or (for easier Gold qualification to get lounge access) Air Canada's Aeroplan - both of which send you plastic cards very quickly. As an alternate I seem to recall that the ROP brochure includes a flexible plastic card in it so if you haven't credited any miles yet you could get one of those and ask the ROP service desk to change your account to the number printed on the card.

------------------
Velisne me extollere ad cursum pretiosiorem? (How about an upgrade? - everything sounds better in Latin)
Old Apr 8, 2001, 2:37 am
ROP

If you'd like to have a plastic card, please
contact ROP member service center at THAI Airways Head office. You can just walk in and wait for few minutes. (If you happen to come by)
Old Apr 8, 2001, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
ROP, sawasdee khrup Glad to have you aboard. That is a very nice offer to print up a member card.
Old Apr 9, 2001, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Thanks alot for your help, I'll get a real card yet

Cheers, Zac

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.