Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-CDG on Thai Airways Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold Executive, United 1K, HHonors VIP Gold, Hyatt Diamond Passport
SIN-CDG on Thai Airways Business Class

Hello

I'll be heading to Paris on TG business class on Sep 30. It seems like I'll be on the Royal Silk configuration (barring last-minute aircraft change). I do have a seat assignment on the upperdeck. I have several questions:

(1) I have been told that economy and business cabins are booked solid, leaving a few available seats on first class. As I will be flying from Singapore, what are the chances of me being upgraded on the BKK-CDG leg? Should I ask at SIN check-in or at the gate in BKK?

(2) Has anyone flown on TG930 this month? What's in the business class menu? Appreciate also a rundown of the movies screened onboard.

(3) This would be my first long-haul TG flight on Royal Silk (usually on SQ J). Could someone share their experiences, observations and tell me what I can look forward to?

Thanks and bests,
FGuy
Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
1. Currently showing full in all classes, but you can always try at the gate in BKK.

2. Nope, but the AVOD is good.....

3. Flown BKK-AKL-BB in new A340-600 biz (and first) - biz has same seat as new biz in 744. Very pleasant experience, similar to SQ spacebed in 777-200ER. Attentive service, but this always depends on the particular dynamics of the cabin crew.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 4:20 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Flyguy1971
Hello

(1) I have been told that economy and business cabins are booked solid, leaving a few available seats on first class. As I will be flying from Singapore, what are the chances of me being upgraded on the BKK-CDG leg? Should I ask at SIN check-in or at the gate in BKK?
FGuy
At checkin they will normally only offer the paid upgrade option.
Old Sep 12, 2006, 3:20 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
My last op-up to F was achieved by checking in quite late and getting to the gate amongst the last few people to arrive.

The flight was rammed in all classes, and to be honest there seems to be no logic in the way that TG allocate upgrades. ROP status doesn't seem to be taken into account, at the time I was BD blue.

My last J flight was on the old seating config, and to be honest the service was excellent
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by peter42
At checkin they will normally only offer the paid upgrade option.
And how much would that be?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
...something like USD 650-800. It's USD 650 BKK-AKL (12 hour flight), but europe seems more expensive than asia-pacific.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 3:01 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
...something like USD 650-800. It's USD 650 BKK-AKL (12 hour flight), but europe seems more expensive than asia-pacific.
AFAIR it is 500-650USD for longhaul flight. I can confirm the 650 for AKL-BKK, FRA-BKK was less.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.