Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK - BKK Business Class Service

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
JFK - BKK Business Class Service

Mrs. Fishintheobx and I are looking at booking a JFK-BKK-HKT trip this December. Unfortunately, doing "search" on FT today is like watching paint peel off my walls. So slooooow. I have a few questions about the JFK-BKK A340-500 service:

1. What type of electrical plugs are available at the seats? I have a laptop and Ipod that will be keeping me busy.

2. I've heard there is a "lounge" onboard. Where is it, and what does it offer?

3. Does the Silk Class on the JFK-BKK flights include free drinks (liquor)?

4. Have any UA / US FF's booked the business class on the JFK-BKK flights?

Thanks everyone...
Old May 24, 2006, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
paffendorf posted this a wee while back - has pics of A346 and then A345.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...68&postcount=5

I think the power points are US/Asian style standard 2 parallel blades (but takes pins as well).

Hadn't heard about a lounge onboard (SQ perhaps?)

All classes on TG have free drinks served on international flights - even short 45 hops.

Leave your last query to a UA/US flier....

Cheers TK
Old May 24, 2006, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA/AA
In reply to your question ; I am in UAL mileageplus and was able to get an award ticket on the jfk-bkk flt last year. There was no availabilty on Thai for my return date so I came back on ANA via Tokyo. There is no lounge on the plane other than your spacious pod type seat. The food and service are good and the non-stop trip is a nice way to go. Arriving in the afternoon feeling rested ! I would recommend it as a very good use 90k miles if you can ticket it. Chok dii!
Old May 24, 2006, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Emerald Exec
Thanks all for you help. We will be spending 12 days in Phuket and 3 days in BKK. Looking forward to the trip...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.