Wiki Posts
Search

BKK - JFK no *A C Saver Inventory

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
BKK - JFK no *A C Saver Inventory

I am flying a roundtrip ATL - BKK on a United *A Saver Award. I found a route ATL - ORD - SFO - ICN - BKK - TPE - ICN - SFO - PIT/Stopover/PIT - ATL. The agent said for every single day in her computer, she cannot find any saver C inventory on the new TG JFK - BKK however. Could it be that TG is not releasing these seats to UA and the Star Alliance Yet? Is there anyway to try and get this flight?

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA PG 1MM - AccorPlus Platinum
Originally Posted by beofotch
Could it be that TG is not releasing these seats to UA and the Star Alliance Yet? Is there anyway to try and get this flight?
You bet ! They will probably open up seats closer to flight dates, you should check loads and try to work out if that's likely to happen...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL PM, SPG-Gold,
I got two C saver awards on the nonstops with UA miles, leaving JFK in late July, returning mid-August, with no problem whatsoever in terms of the dates I wanted, so keep trying.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Pardon the ignorance, what is a "C Saver" award? Is it a UA thing?

Thanks TK
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

C Saver is a C Award which uses less miles than a standard award by having capacity controls and blackout dates.

Question: If I manage to get a seat in C on the BKK - JFK, will I be able to take advantage of the free limosine service the Press release on the BKK - JFK describes for those who have "full fare C". Can anyone shed some light?

Kind regards,

Beofotch
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond
There are NO standard awards for Star Alliance awards using your UA miles. Only an all UA itinerary has standard awards. As such, Star awards are always subject to capacity controls.

Sorry, no limo for you! It is only for "full fare" (i.e. PAID) passengers. An award ticket is definitely not full fare!
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:37 am

I got two saver (90,000 mile) awards for travel in May with no problem - they had availability for virtually ever day I asked about. Perhaps they opened additional inventory for the first month.

I'm looking forward to trying the new seats.

As for the limo, some on this forum have reported luck using the limo service on award F tickets, so you may have some luck (though I believe the limo service is only for the first month).
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

I was able to find a BKK - JFK on June 2nd. Thanks FT. I will call TG's L.A. office and ask about the limo service tomorrow
Old Apr 19, 2005, 7:36 am

I would be interested to hear what they tell you, if you get a chance to call...
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:21 am
Original Poster

I called the TG office in LA yesterday and they said that I would not receive the limo service as it is only for full-fare customers and I was on an award-fare. It didn't hurt to try asking though!
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:56 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
LOL.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:03 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
ROFLMAO. 4free is not enuf?
Old Apr 24, 2005, 7:58 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by eric3333
I got two saver (90,000 mile) awards for travel in May with no problem - they had availability for virtually ever day I asked about. Perhaps they opened additional inventory for the first month.
I just called UA to ask about availability of C Savers on the new TG non-stops BKK-JFK-BKK for late June (BKK-JFK June 23, return June 30). I first called the MP desk in the US, and they told me to call my local MP desk (I recently moved to Singapore) as they could only help members with US addresses. I then called UA in Singapore this morning, and found that not only could they not find any award availability on the new flights for the entire month of June, they did not seem too sure about whether C Savers could be used on TG in the first place!

I must be doing something wrong or getting the wrong agents! Please help -- any tips on how to approach and score these awards on the new flights?

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 7:42 am

Hmmm... that doesn't sound right. This might be a time when just calling back and getting another agent is the best strategy.

For what it's worth, the tickets are booked in "I" class on Thai. Perhaps you might mention that to the agent, though they certainly should know that. The awards definitely can be used for travel on Thai - I've got the tickets right here to prove it!

Good luck - wish I could be of more help!
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
I just quickly checked Star Alliance award availability using Aeroplan.com (Air Canada) for July 13 returning July 20. I found the TG flight available outbound and SQ for the return (via SIN). Would be a great opportunity to compare/contrast the two ultra long haul carriers. I doubt I just got lucky with those dates. I could probably find others.

Wait....just checked the 13 and 27th. TG is available round trip in Business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.