Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

How strict is Thai with carryon luggage allowance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How strict is Thai with carryon luggage allowance?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2016, 7:44 pm
Suspended

If you are Platinum in F on TG you can bring an elephant on board & you wan't have a problem.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by PIGGY69
If you are Platinum in F on TG you can bring an elephant on board & you wan't have a problem.
from BKK or any other destinations in Thailand yes but not necessarily when departing at other airports
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:36 pm

Flying Delta from DTW to Seoul and Thai Airways from Seoul to BKK and BKK to KTM.

I am checking three bag. All weigh 52 lbs and have a 20" roller weighs 32lbs and a laptop bag. Do you think I'll be in problem.

Sorry just signed to ask this and also if anyone flew the same route does my bag go the the destination straight or do I have to claim it in the baggage claim when I change plane. (Oh BTW all the flights are in one ticket)

Thanks again.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:44 pm

TG is usually very generous with the carry on! so it should not be a problem
Flying through Seoul, you can check the bags through (guess Delta has a interline agreement with TG) and you do not have to pick them up in Seoul
in Seoul you are in transit and have to go through a security control (but not immigration)
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:45 pm

TG is usually very generous with the carry on! so it should not be a problem
Flying through Seoul, you can check the bags through (guess Delta has a interline agreement with TG) and you do not have to pick them up in Seoul
in Seoul you are in transit and have to go through a security control (but not immigration)
Old Aug 26, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by rollypolly14
Flying Delta from DTW to Seoul and Thai Airways from Seoul to BKK and BKK to KTM.

I am checking three bag. All weigh 52 lbs and have a 20" roller weighs 32lbs and a laptop bag. Do you think I'll be in problem.

Sorry just signed to ask this and also if anyone flew the same route does my bag go the the destination straight or do I have to claim it in the baggage claim when I change plane. (Oh BTW all the flights are in one ticket)

Thanks again.
Who sets the baggage allowance for your return? Not sure you'd be allowed 3 bags for return if you are traveling in economy and don't have airline status?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by rollypolly14

Thanks again.
No one is going to weigh your caryon baggage. As long as the size is standard for a caryon, you should be absolutely fine. 20" is within caryon limits on most airlines, and a laptop bag is usually treated like a purse and not counted as an extra caryon item.

My guess is that if DL allows it, TG certainly will. Perhaps read DL's website for info.

I have never flown Y on TG, but in J and, especially, F I have brought loads on board and no one has ever said anything. Even ex NRT/HND where the Japanese ground staff (ANA employees) are a bit stricter with rules than the Thais are, being Japanese
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:29 am

--- been answered by kapitan on another thread ----
sorry for asking the question again, i asked on another thread but no reply yet, just wondering will business class (no star alliance status) passenger get 2 pieces of carry on ? both of my carry on will weigh 6/7kg each and i will have another small handbag as well, cant check in one of the carry on as i've already 40kg in my luggage :-)

i will be flying from MEL - BKK then onwards to KUL, if that matters..

Last edited by annielee; Dec 15, 2016 at 1:54 am
Old Dec 15, 2016, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by annielee
sorry for asking the question again, i asked on another thread but no reply yet, just wondering will business class (no star alliance status) passenger get 2 pieces of carry on ? both of my carry on will weigh 6/7kg each and i will have another small handbag as well, cant check in one of the carry on as i've already 40kg in my luggage :-)

i will be flying from MEL - BKK then onwards to KUL, if that matters..
two experienced Platinum member already replied! Don't worry, no problem with the two carry on. They usually are also generous for J passengers with some kg above luggage limit
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:01 am

ya.. just saw that.. sorry again.. and will report back if there's any issue :-)

Originally Posted by BinSabai
two experienced Platinum member already replied! Don't worry, no problem with the two carry on. They usually are also generous for J passengers with some kg above luggage limit
Old Nov 24, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Any update here? We'll be flying Thai Airways likely in economy. Will the standard US domestic carry on baggage (23 inches height vs 22" per allowance) be okay? Do they really check the weight of your carry on bag? (I was flying out of Manila one time in PAL, and they weighed everyones carry on. I had to put more stuff in the check bag.)
Old Nov 24, 2023, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by opus2002
Any update here? We'll be flying Thai Airways likely in economy. Will the standard US domestic carry on baggage (23 inches height vs 22" per allowance) be okay? Do they really check the weight of your carry on bag? (I was flying out of Manila one time in PAL, and they weighed everyones carry on. I had to put more stuff in the check bag.)
They do not care about US standards of luggage size
at most destination, TG does not weigh carry ons, at least not systematically and usually they are rather generous. I have seen passengers carry several huge bags with all kind of stuff in it on domestic flights....
I would not be worried
opus2002 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by BinSabai
They do not care about US standards of luggage size
at most destination, TG does not weigh carry ons, at least not systematically and usually they are rather generous. I have seen passengers carry several huge bags with all kind of stuff in it on domestic flights....
I would not be worried
Correct. Domestically, TG check in agents proactively persuade me to take our stuff from an overweighted luggage and store it in my hand luggage so not to incur overweight fees.
BinSabai and opus2002 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.