Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Miles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2005, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold; US Gold; Hilton Gold
Unhappy Missing Miles

I have been trying for a couple of months to get TG to credit my UA FF account for a late-November 2004 trip BKK -> CNX -> BKK in C. My UA FF # is in my Royal e-booking profile. I got miles without a special request for the same trip in early January 2004.

I have sent e-mails to TG using the "Contact Us" link at the top of the TG United States homepage requesting credit for the miles, but I do not get a response.

Has anybody had experience with getting credit for missing TG miles?
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:14 pm

Programs: some
Call them. I have noticed that they don't always respond to emails.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 8:18 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rmitchel
I have been trying for a couple of months to get TG to credit my UA FF account for a late-November 2004 trip BKK -> CNX -> BKK in C. My UA FF # is in my Royal e-booking profile. I got miles without a special request for the same trip in early January 2004.

I have sent e-mails to TG using the "Contact Us" link at the top of the TG United States homepage requesting credit for the miles, but I do not get a response.

Has anybody had experience with getting credit for missing TG miles?
I have a similiar situation and in a search on UA forum discovered that miles can take 8 weeks to post. Sounds like you're close to that (I'm not), but I wouldn't call TG, but MP. You have the boarding pass, right?
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:09 pm

Programs: SQ silver, NH, TG
Claim for miles should be made to your own plan (UA) not TG as per their rules
Old Jan 31, 2005, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Gold; US Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I have a similiar situation and in a search on UA forum discovered that miles can take 8 weeks to post. Sounds like you're close to that (I'm not), but I wouldn't call TG, but MP. You have the boarding pass, right?
Boo hoo! I threw away the TG boarding passes presuming that the miles would be posted to my UA account as quickly and as easily as they did in January 2004. I still have the receipt for the tickets I purchased, but I doubt that that will be of much help. I know from experience that airlines ask for boarding passes as proof of travel. I may just have to chalk this one up to "lessons learned." Sigh!
Old Jan 31, 2005, 4:52 pm

Programs: TG Gold, NW Gold and various other bits of plastic...
Originally Posted by rmitchel
Boo hoo! I threw away the TG boarding passes presuming that the miles would be posted to my UA account as quickly and as easily as they did in January 2004.
Not sure about UA but TG want to see the original boarding pass before they'll credit the miles. I've tried getting retrospective credits by faxing the boarding pass but they just send me a letter saying they have to see the original boarding pass...

Which reminds me, I need to get that boarding pass sent off!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.