Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new TG Lounge in Bangkok airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2004, 5:53 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
That makes sense and is what i'd have expected, but perhaps someone can take a look when they're next in that lounge or walking past....
Hi

If my memory did not fail me, I recall that the F THAI Lounge in T1 has a Star Alliance Logo at the Door. However, if you look clearly, you will notice that the wording GOLD is not printed on the logo.

I will try to take a look at the F lounge near the 50s on my next stop in BKK Airport.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM
--edited-- (found the answer elsewhere)

Last edited by ks_8999; Jun 18, 2004 at 12:07 pm
Old Jun 27, 2004, 6:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Confirm TG F lounge is not *Gold. TG J lounge near pier 3 far superior to the one near pier 5. Didnt get into the TG *Gold lounge also near pier 3 so dont know how that compares.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Confirm TG F lounge is not *Gold. TG J lounge near pier 3 far superior to the one near pier 5. Didnt get into the TG *Gold lounge also near pier 3 so dont know how that compares.
If one is flying in First Class on SQ one cannot use TG F lounge? If someone could clarify this, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:46 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by bnova72
If one is flying in First Class on SQ one cannot use TG F lounge? If someone could clarify this, I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you in advance.
It is quoted in Star Alliance website as follows:

Customers who present an International First Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have lounge access. They, and one guest, are welcome to visit first class lounges or any other members' departure lounges when departing on a Star Alliance flight. Note: AC, BD, OS and SK do not have international first class service.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 4:59 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I was there last week for 7 hours, te showers were great and massage was very nice. I then went over to the Lufthansda lounge to meet a colleague and even in there they had showers.

Star Alliance have loads of coverage in BKK and with the right card you can move around real easy.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:25 am

Thank you for responding to my enquiry. Your responses were greatly appreciated and helpful. :-)
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:48 am

I think you can. It is a Star Alliance lounge. I have been admitted to each of TG's two new F class lounges at BKK each time with a UA F class boarding pass. They have better decorations than SQ's F lounge at BKK.

But I personally think they should do more to improve these F lounges. This is after all their home airport. (I find new C class lounges to be sufficient.)
Old Jun 29, 2004, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Skytrax Awards have placed Thai Airways First lounge in fifth place. I agree that Cathay Pacific should be in first place.

<http://www.airlinequality.com/2004/Lounge_2004.htm#f>

THE WORLD'S BEST AIRLINE LOUNGES

The 2003/4 Airline Lounge Survey attracted a total of 1,463,522 eligible nominations during the 10 month survey period.

BEST LOUNGE - Final rankings

1. Cathay Pacific
2. Emirates
3. Gulf Air
4. Malaysia Airlines
5. Qantas
6. SAS Scandinavian Airlines
7. Virgin Atlantic
8. Asiana Airlines
9. British Airways
10. South African Airways

Respondents were asked to nominate an airline lounge for the 2004 Awards, using the criteria shown below:

Seating Capacity - Lounge Decor and Ambience
Business Facilities, Internet etc
Washrooms, Showers, Leisure Amenities etc
Newspapers, Magazines etc
Food and Beverage selections / Quality
Efficiency of Lounge Staff service
Friendliness and Attitude of Lounge Staff

In addition to an overall Lounge Ranking as shown above, respondents were asked to nominate their choice of First Class and/or Business Class lounges - the results for these categories being shown below.

First Class Lounge - 2004 rating

1. Cathay Pacific
2. Emirates
3. Gulf Air
4. South African Airways
5. Thai Airways

Business Class Lounge - 2004 rating

1. Cathay Pacific
2. Gulf Air
3. Emirates
4. SAS Scandinavian
5. Qantas Airways
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:56 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Sorry I should have made it clearer - I was referring to *G access regardless of class of travel. If you are flying F on any *A carrier you should get access to TG F lounge.

Later I did make it to the TG *G lounge near pier 3 (not the TG biz lounge if this makes sense). EK also have arrangement to use this lounge. It is not very good and I would rate it even below the TG biz lounge near pier 5. Due to some boarding pass / flight difficulties I was not able to check out UA or LH *G lounges at BKK.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 7:26 am
Suspended

LH *G lounge is basis, very basic, but handy as its really close to the gate 77 whic you use if connecting onto a domestic flight and also near to gates 45+. They have a nice shower there but compared to the Thai lounges it is very basic.
Old Jul 7, 2004, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Sorry I should have made it clearer - I was referring to *G access regardless of class of travel. If you are flying F on any *A carrier you should get access to TG F lounge.

Later I did make it to the TG *G lounge near pier 3 (not the TG biz lounge if this makes sense). EK also have arrangement to use this lounge. It is not very good and I would rate it even below the TG biz lounge near pier 5. Due to some boarding pass / flight difficulties I was not able to check out UA or LH *G lounges at BKK.
Thank you for clarification, Kiwi Flyer. I was able to gain access to the First Class Lounge with my SQ ticket. The staff was very welcoming and accommodating during my brief visit to the lounge. I also had the opportunity to take a shower since I had come off a long flight. The amenities are also very nice. Would definitely recommend using this lounge instead of the SQ and UA lounges.
Old Aug 23, 2004, 8:06 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hclee01
I read from the website that the complimentary THAI massage in THAI Lounge in BKK is provided till 26 July 2004.

Any one has any idea if they will provide the service after 26 July 2004? Thanks.
I was in there last week...the complimentary Thai Massage will be available until end-September after which it "may or may not" return next year.
Old Aug 24, 2004, 12:59 am
Suspended

I used it the other week when I had a seven hour layover and I was the first one in at something like 05.30 and its great. The showers are enromous and the massage is great. ONe of the nicest lounges around in my opinion. ^
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM + 1k, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hours of BKK lounges

Does anyone know the hours of either the
UAL or Thai lounges in BKK?

thanks much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.