Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Wi Fi on Thai !!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thumbs up Free Wi Fi on Thai !!

Thai now gives free on-board Wi Fi to its Platinum ROP members......and it's the "unlimited surfing" package. This is a really good benefit, kudos to Thai for introducing this benefit.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
Thai now gives free on-board Wi Fi to its Platinum ROP members......and it's the "unlimited surfing" package. This is a really good benefit, kudos to Thai for introducing this benefit.
That is nice, but still stingy. AirNZ provides free wifi to all pax. I’d suggest that at least ROP Golds/Plats might be the appropriate group.
restlessinRNO and chris63 like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
That is nice, but still stingy. AirNZ provides free wifi to all pax. I’d suggest that at least ROP Golds/Plats might be the appropriate group.
And Star Alliance Golds too - although I do realise there are enough of us to feed a large proportion of the world’s cattle
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:56 am

Programs: AA Plat
Oh so that’s why I saw someone getting a free wifi code on board! And my envious brain just automatically assumed that person was just some important TVIP. (Well actually, that person probably is also a TVIP, but the over the top service might have been because of ROP Plat.)
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:50 am

No WiFi at all on BKK London or Frankfurt flights

I was really surprised to find no WiFi at all, free or paid on the planes to/from Bangkok to London and Frankfurt. Real surprise in this day and age.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
They are using the older 777s....no Wi Fi and no plans to instal I believe
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:08 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I for one am someone who likes having no onboard WiFi. One of the last opportunities to disconnect from the world
I am dreading the day when the connections are strong enough for people to start doing video calls and what not onboard….
jkgrpas likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:22 am

As much as I love Wifi on board yes, the FOMO is real when you see friends out partying and you're stuck in C seats with bad food.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:27 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by prathetkrungthep
Oh so that’s why I saw someone getting a free wifi code on board! And my envious brain just automatically assumed that person was just some important TVIP. (Well actually, that person probably is also a TVIP, but the over the top service might have been because of ROP Plat.)
actually TVIP without Platinum status (and upgrade or unpaid ticket) get a better treatment as foot soldiers with Platinum treatment, who pay for the ticket....TIT!
Old Mar 1, 2024, 11:28 pm

great Kwai!

however most of their long haul fleet does not have WIFI at all.....
Old Mar 2, 2024, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
great Kwai!
That’s not very kind!
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
That’s not very kind!
he chose that handle and he certainly knows what it means ... by the way, strong and beautiful bulls are worth 2 - 10 Million THB...
Old Mar 2, 2024, 7:28 am

he chose that handle and he certainly knows what it means ... by the way, strong and beautiful bulls are worth 2 - 10 Million THB...

Sorry, not familiar with the values - farm animals don’t do well in a condo in BKK
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by SKT-DK

Sorry, not familiar with the values - farm animals don’t do well in a condo in BKK
If Bangkokians knew the real value of such bulls, we would soon see a new trend in urban farming: urban bull breeding
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:17 am

If Bangkokians knew the real value of such bulls, we would soon see a new trend in urban farming: urban bull breeding
555 don’t give them any ideas! I still remember the days where elephants were dragged up and down the tourist streets in Bangkok Not that kwai are anywhere near as majestic, but would not wish it on them either

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.