Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Thai Airways & Ethiopian Airlines Interline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroflot BONUS, UA Mileage Plus, VG Flying Club

I am flying NRT-BKK on TG and then BKK-GRU on Ethiopian. Any chance the TG staff at NRT will interline my bags all the way to my final destination and issue all my boarding passes? These are separate tickets.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Nothing is guaranteed but they most probably will. Don’t forget to bring your BKK-GRU ticket with you to show at NRT check in.
Explorer8939 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:58 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
TG is very generous on granting check through of baggage on separate tickets on any *A airlines. The check in agents in Japan on the other side are not so famous for their flexibiltiy. If the check in agent refuses, it might help to ask for the supervisor
as already said, no guarantee but also not impossible
Explorer8939 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Based on TG practice at other outstations I would say that it is very likely.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:24 am

Looks like it will work, but thought I'd check here.

Flying BKK-FRA in C, need to get a separate ticket to OSL. Staff at BKK will through check / interline to LH? Ticket meets MCT and we're both *G.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Looks like it will work, but thought I'd check here.

Flying BKK-FRA in C, need to get a separate ticket to OSL. Staff at BKK will through check / interline to LH? Ticket meets MCT and we're both *G.
Almost certainly. Of course MCT is only really relevant when all sectors are on the same ticket, and you aren’t relying on a favour from TG staff.

For me, I do this cautiously and try to have a 2-3 hours between flights (or longer depending on carriers/airport).
Old Mar 15, 2024, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Almost certainly. Of course MCT is only really relevant when all sectors are on the same ticket, and you aren’t relying on a favour from TG staff.

For me, I do this cautiously and try to have a 2-3 hours between flights (or longer depending on carriers/airport).
MCT is met which is important when you interline. Got 2h15m so fine that way but appears TG staff will do it. In Europe, not so much…
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
MCT is met which is important when you interline. Got 2h15m so fine that way but appears TG staff will do it. In Europe, not so much…
TG will definitely through check to LH on separate tickets.
BinSabai and dodgeflyer like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 3:08 am

Not required after the excellent advice here but just to confirm, they through checked luggage and was without any questions asked.
SKT-DK, Thai-Kiwi and SK AAR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.