Wiki Posts
Search

Any recent experiences in F?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Any recent experiences in F?

Considering maybe trying the direct LHR-BKK route in F. Any recent experiences?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Considering maybe search?
Old Oct 21, 2022, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Considering maybe search?
Yep, latest I could find was a datapoint from 2 months ago; and just figured maybe something has changed in the last 2 months given last I read there were still cutbacks/no menus/covid protocols etc.. but maybe that's still the latest. Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2022, 1:42 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Moat recent posts are by wordchild on LHR-BKK-KLR. Cannot remember which thread. I have recently travelled in FC R/T BKK-NRT, but I don't travel for the food or drink so cannot comment apart from that service for me was as it was on my last trip in February 2020. Same for 3 R/T of about 4 hours one way duration to Asian locations in the last few weeks.
brokenwindow likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Happy to report back as I flew this yesterday. Overall happy with the experience. Thai F has always had a special place in my heart. Full service but no menus available - were shown options on an iPad. Dom is gone, FA said due to supply chain issues making it too expensive. Instead they have the Grand Siegel LP which I personally like a lot. All in all great flight but Thai made a bad decision choosing beige colored interiors as the seats already have substantial stains on them.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:07 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
Happy to report back as I flew this yesterday. Overall happy with the experience. Thai F has always had a special place in my heart. Full service but no menus available - were shown options on an iPad. Dom is gone, FA said due to supply chain issues making it too expensive. Instead they have the Grand Siegel LP which I personally like a lot. All in all great flight but Thai made a bad decision choosing beige colored interiors as the seats already have substantial stains on them.
thanks for the update!
DOM gone is really bad news....
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:53 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
thanks for the update!
DOM gone is really bad news....
I would prefer LP Grand Siecle tbh. Dom is all name.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I would prefer LP Grand Siecle tbh. Dom is all name.
Dom Pérignon is certainly also about branding...after all it is from the probably worldwide most successful luxury powerhouse: LVMH
but it is also a very good champagne....a bit overpaid though...
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:07 am

Dom Pérignon is certainly also about branding...after all it is from the probably worldwide most successful luxury powerhouse: LVMH
but it is also a very good champagne....a bit overpaid though...
I guess we can't fault TG for cutting Dom since the same issues seem to be affecting other carriers. (https://onemileatatime.com/news/sing...-dom-perignon/)
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 6:47 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
Originally Posted by brokenwindow
is the wifi up and running yet?

last time i did this route (2 months ago) the staff said that wifi would be back soon. I will be making the same trip again shortly and the lack of wifi is a big issue for me. If it is still not working i may switch back to Emirates for future journeys.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
Are they running golf carts on arrival to take you to immigration ?
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by wordchild
is the wifi up and running yet?

last time i did this route (2 months ago) the staff said that wifi would be back soon. I will be making the same trip again shortly and the lack of wifi is a big issue for me. If it is still not working i may switch back to Emirates for future journeys.
SWISS have complimentary wifi in F ex BKK & *A, personally i am not keen on changing in the Desert half way through my journey
andyptrav and wordchild like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by chris63
SWISS have complimentary wifi in F ex BKK & *A, personally i am not keen on changing in the Desert half way through my journey
complimentary?
I recall it was a voucher with a certain data limit (maybe as HON you get more....)
TG also handed out vouchers in F precovid and as Platinum, you could get as much as you wanted....
Old Nov 9, 2022, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
complimentary?
I recall it was a voucher with a certain data limit (maybe as HON you get more....)
TG also handed out vouchers in F precovid and as Platinum, you could get as much as you wanted....
Yes, it’s a voucher with a data limit but it’s fine for working, not for streaming & i never had an issue requesting another.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:32 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
just did BKK/LHR again in F. Return LHR/BKK next week and this will then be my third roundtrip in the new TG F on the 777.
Impressions much the same as previous trips, ie the seat is comfortable and i had a good sleep. However the softer side of the service still lagging behind the competition; no dom, food choice very limited (no paper menus) . and STILL no wifi, complementary or otherwise. The staff said they hope to have it working soon, exactly as they said on my last trip 2 months ago. Apparently they are getting a lot of complaints about the lack of wifi , or so i was told.
While many customers (incl me) were just happy to see TG offer F again and with a good hard product, unless they start to invest more in the softer side of the service (food wine selection and wifi) , they will find loyal customers will just start to drift away to other airlines.
I also hear good things about Swiss and i may give them a go on my next trip.
chris63 and BinSabai like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.