Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:13 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by view
Apparently TG lounge in SIN is now permanently closed, Marhaba is contracted lounge for TG as has been for some time. Well TG lounge closure is not a great loss, it was always poor.
I found it not so bad and would not call it "poor"; at least it war better than krisflyer gold, which I always found very poor and often very crowded
and it was close to the gates where TG leave...having to change terminals for a loungs sucks...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 10:35 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Confirmed as of Feb 22, KrisFlyer Gold lounge was great with shower facility (queue could be a bit long, while they told me it would take 1.5 hours, it actually only took 40 min to get a shower room based on 9pm visit. I went to pick up the queue as soon as I arrived. I then realized I came to this lounge before in July 2022 without realizing there was a shower facility (but did not need it at that time). Food was quite good to me. This time I had a 10-hour layover, so they would allow me to lay down and sleep on a couch (there was a quite zone where it is not too visible for people to see you sleep), they also offered a blanket, which I did not know they would, but one of the staff came to offer it to me after noticing I covered myself with extra clothes (it was quite cold to me). You would need the eye mask and ear plugs as lighting was quite bright and music volume was on a high side. It wasn't a good sleep like I used to have at the SilverKris lounge, but it was good enough to get by. Hope this info is helpful.
Old Feb 26, 2023, 5:56 pm

Hi, I will arrive to SIN around 1 am. Is any departure lounge that can stay until 6 am and then go to the town?
Old Feb 26, 2023, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Chris Fong
Hi, I will arrive to SIN around 1 am. Is any departure lounge that can stay until 6 am and then go to the town?

If you are departing Singapore later the same day then your lounge access will be based on your status/cabin class for the departing flight. If you have a long layover then yes you could chill in the lounge based on your departing flight, then enter Singapore and return later that day/evening. Search airlines for respective lounge opening times.

If you just want to chill ‘airside’ until 6am and will then enter/stay in Singapore without a subsequent same day departure, then your options are paid lounges or transit hotel.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: BRK-B
SKL > KFG > RO Prestige
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I found it not so bad and would not call it "poor"; at least it war better than krisflyer gold, which I always found very poor and often very crowded
KF Gold has been completely renovated.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: hahaha
Hi everyone,

I'm arriving into SIN at 15:45 and waiting for a friend to arrive at 17:00

Do I need to go through transit security (originating from Canada) to reach the KF Gold lounge?

Will I be eligible for entry given that my onward departure is 09:00? Or is it strictly a same-day on calendar-day issue
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asovse1
Hi everyone,

I'm arriving into SIN at 15:45 and waiting for a friend to arrive at 17:00

Do I need to go through transit security (originating from Canada) to reach the KF Gold lounge?

Will I be eligible for entry given that my onward departure is 09:00? Or is it strictly a same-day on calendar-day issue
Arrival. The is no transit security in Singapore. Arriving pax immediately mix with departing pax. Security is conducted at each departure gate. You just need to decide a meet-up point.

Do you hope to remain in a lounge from 1700 to 0900 the next day? Don’t know if that is possible. Star Alliance lounges are for same day departure, and lounges may close between 0100-0400.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: hahaha
Thanks for you input as always!!!

No, I just wanted a place to chill before walking my friend through immigration. I saw that the KF Gold lounge was 24 hours on the SQ website so I was hoping a next-morning boarding pass would be okay as well. I know my sister got in at 2200 once for a 0650 flight but I'm not sure if the rules were different for the J lounges or maybe someone took pity, because yes, you're right, *A is "same-day" for every other lounge I've visited, but for some reason I thought SQ could be different. :P
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can only try, but be ready to smile and walk away to chill elsewhere.
asovse1 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Ask humbly, stating your purpose and be prepared to be turned away - that is the best way, and maybe you will get lucky
BinSabai and asovse1 like this.
Old Mar 4, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's the Marhaba lounge at T1, used it yesterday and agree, it is sub par!. Thai seems to be really cutting costs everywhere yet still charging premium prices for their Business Class offering....does not bode well for the future, yet every single seat (without exception) on the flight from Singapore yesterday was full.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 2:21 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
It's the Marhaba lounge at T1, used it yesterday and agree, it is sub par!. Thai seems to be really cutting costs everywhere yet still charging premium prices for their Business Class offering....does not bode well for the future, yet every single seat (without exception) on the flight from Singapore yesterday was full.
To be fair, there aren't a lot of options for *A in T1. The contract lounges in SIN range from 'meh' to dreadful. You could always access the SQ lounges in T2/T3.
SKT-DK and sydunipete like this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverChris
To be fair, there aren't a lot of options for *A in T1. The contract lounges in SIN range from 'meh' to dreadful. You could always access the SQ lounges in T2/T3.
for the normal waiting time between check in/passport control and security (often long queue and no fast track or fast track by jumping the queue) and boarding between 30-60 minutes, does it make sense to change terminal for the SQ lounges or just spend it in the mediocre contract lounge...
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by BinSabai
for the normal waiting time between check in/passport control and security (often long queue and no fast track or fast track by jumping the queue) and boarding between 30-60 minutes, does it make sense to change terminal for the SQ lounges or just spend it in the mediocre contract lounge...
You tell me. My point is that there's not a whole lot TG could do to improve their lounge situation in SIN.
SKT-DK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.