Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - middle name worry

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Help - middle name worry

Hi when I booked my fault on an online cheap flight site I didn't include my middle name yet it's shown on my passport, will this be a problem when I check in at Heathrow? I am flying to Cambodia with Thai Airlines
Old Jun 4, 2022, 4:48 am

Programs: TG
Never been a problem for me.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by greynose
Never been a problem for me.
Same here.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Should be fine. Apparently airline systems only technically require First name and Last Name. As above, unless flying a nasty Low Cost carrier that might get unreasonably fussy, you should be fine. Enjoy the trip. Cheers, TK
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
… unless flying a nasty Low Cost carrier …
Never had that too. Care to share a real life example?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I have a middle name in my passport but NEVER used it for flight tickets and I flew hundreds of times with TG during last 30 years and NEVER EVER had any issue
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by flyerby
Never had that too. Care to share a real life example?
Neither have I. Saying ‘nasty LCC’ probably overstates things. There are a few reports of negative experiences, but not many.

As we have all said, it’ll be fine.

But since you asked …

”Ashley Collins was at Pearson International Airport to catch her flight to Iceland on WOW Air on Sunday, Toronto's "City News" reported. Upon arriving at the ticket counter, she was told she could not get on the flight since her boarding pass didn’t match her passport.The one thing that was missing was her middle name. That’s it. "Once we got to the front, the lady said to her supervisor, 'It’s another one,'" Collins told "City News." "She handed me my passport and ... I was denied boarding the flight."

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-...-ticket-2018-4
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Saying ‘nasty LCC’ probably overstates things.
If you ask me, I support your statement fully - LCCs are nasty things I would never set foot on
Old Jun 5, 2022, 4:44 am

… on WOW Air …
That is an encouraging point of reference to know that all carriers that require middle names in the ticket are going to go out of business
Thai-Kiwi, SKT-DK and greynose like this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 5:44 am

Programs: Thai Airways
For Thai Airways should be OK, as others have written. I have done more than 3,000 flights of which more than 1,500 have been on Thai Airways and 99% on major airlines. my full name is always on my membership, but my middle name is never on the ticket.

I think that there are Thais, Indians and others whose second name is not on the ticket in full due to limited number of characters.

Not sure about LCC Thai Airlines.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by maerim
… my full name is always on my membership, but my middle name is never on the ticket …
That’s an error that shouldn’t be overlooked. The place where a full match should be is in the name registered with FFPs and the name in tickets. I don’t know how TG allows it but most if not all other carriers do not. Therefore, both my tickets and registered name with FFPs do not include my middle name.

Last edited by flyerby; Jun 6, 2022 at 6:42 am
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by maerim
I think that there are Thais, Indians and others whose second name is not on the ticket in full due to limited number of characters.
I have not met many Thais with middle names....
Old Jun 6, 2022, 4:21 am

Programs: IB Platinum, TAP Gold, HH Diamond, Accor LL Gold
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I have not met many Thais with middle names....
Well I know a lot of Malay and Filipino with very long names

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.