Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Such a weird email I just received from TCC...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2021, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.

Sounds like a mildly disgruntled employee. What’s so weird is that the email is full of typos. I remember I exchanged with that same person at TCC in the last 2 years, with PNR and personal information, which confirmed this is not a scam/phishing. Why would Thai accept such substandard professionalism is beyond me.
Verbatim copied below, in a spoiler to prevent search engine indexing
Spoiler

Old Apr 16, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Disinto
Sounds like a mildly disgruntled employee. What’s so weird is that the email is full of typos. I remember I exchanged with that same person at TCC in the last 2 years, with PNR and personal information, which confirmed this is not a scam/phishing. Why would Thai accept such substandard professionalism is beyond me.
Verbatim copied below, in a spoiler to prevent search engine indexing
When I first saw your post citing TCC I thought to myself what on earth does TCC (Thai Charoen Corporation) have to do with TG

I agree with you that it is very poorly written and not something that should be representing a company of international standards. However, not sure I see it as a disgruntled employee (could be the case, but I would not say it stands out), but perhaps rather someone who remembers having dealt with you several times before and thus letting you know he/she is leaving?
Disinto likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
Haha! Yes I thought the same when writing the acronym
You’re probably right. It’s just baffling to see it written that way, and with the company masthead.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 3:27 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Disinto
Haha! Yes I thought the same when writing the acronym
You’re probably right. It’s just baffling to see it written that way, and with the company masthead.
Glad it was not just me haha!

Yes it is indeed quite baffling as an official communication, but I think I would maintain the positive impression that it was written out of genuine kindness
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:03 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I also got two identical mails (with same sender info as above) from the same person, Ssirada Na Tharua, who claims she worked 36 years for TG and have to leave now. and also claims to have taken care of my reservation changes in the past.

I can not remember this name; she certainly was not among the persons at the Platinum hotline I dealt with...
Old Apr 17, 2021, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

She was apparently in charge of all tickets extension. I received an email from her in 2020 when the tickets were extended from 2020 to 2021. Now a further extension from 2021 to 2022 has been granted but she has been shown the door... Very odd communication. First time I've been experiencing this.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I received email from her today for 1 of my 4 frozen/extended PNRs. Exactly the same as others have posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.