Wiki Posts
Search

TG 916 BKK-LHR Dec 6

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2020, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
TG 916 BKK-LHR Dec 6

This is bookable on Thai's website. Would it be foolish to book it? Is it likely to get cancelled? If it does go ahead does anyone know how busy it would be please? (I only have free expert flyer and that returns an error)
Old Nov 19, 2020, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by webstereo
This is bookable on Thai's website. Would it be foolish to book it? Is it likely to get cancelled? If it does go ahead does anyone know how busy it would be please? (I only have free expert flyer and that returns an error)
Who knows what will fly and what will be cancelled. You will need to make a judgement based on the world's circumstances and your appetite for risk.

ExpertFlyer indicates only Business Class is available, and all economy seats are sold. However TG may be managing the economy pax load manually.

TG 916 BKK 06/12/20 13:20LHR 06/12/20 19:35 359
C4 D4 J0 Z0 R0 Y0 B0 M0 H0 Q0 G0 T0K0 S0 V0 W0 L0 N0
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 8:48 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the return flight TG917 LHR BKK is a repatriation flight organized by the foreign ministry and the Royal embassy in London
for TG916 they announced "special prices" for one way tickets on their FB page
Price includes tax starting at
Business class 87,775 baht *
Economy class 18,685 baht *

not sure what is sooo special about those prices...
restlessinRNO and chris63 like this.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 11:27 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I am pretty sure it will fly, considering the return is a repatriation flight. TG is obviously trying to milk any possible revenue no matter how small out of the outbound (which makes sense), which is why they are selling these "special" flights. They have done that several times over the past months to several destinations, but I agree with BinSabai that there is not much special about those fares!

And since it would be a one-way journey with huge uncertainty regarding returning to Thailand, it has no interest for me unless there would be an option of returning...
Old Nov 23, 2020, 2:14 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I am pretty sure it will fly, considering the return is a repatriation flight. TG is obviously trying to milk any possible revenue no matter how small out of the outbound (which makes sense), which is why they are selling these "special" flights. They have done that several times over the past months to several destinations, but I agree with BinSabai that there is not much special about those fares!

And since it would be a one-way journey with huge uncertainty regarding returning to Thailand, it has no interest for me unless there would be an option of returning...
options for return are once per week on sundays....
https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/2...inter-schedule
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
options for return are once per week on sundays....
https://www.bangkokpost.com/travel/2...inter-schedule
TG current schedule is interesting.
For example they do fly daily TG638 to HKG.
Even an additional TG600 twice weekly.
Must be a lot of cargo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.