Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2020, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Thai Stay Home Miles Exchange

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...ine-miles.page

Thai Airways International supports the Thai government efforts to combat COVID-19 by rewarding Thai citizens and residents who stay home to stop spreading of the virus. The campaign “THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange” on an application platform, gives a total of 1,000,000 Royal Orchid Plus miles to participants, rewarding 1 mile for every 4 hours of staying at home during the campaign period or until the miles run out.

Steps to join the campaign:

1. Download THAI Stay Home Miles Exchange App at
Bit.ly/THAIStayHomeApp from 24th April 2020 for Android, or from 27th for iOS
2. Click "Start" button on entry page and turn on location service.
3. Find and mark your home location. Once marked, you cannot change the location.
4. Confirm to start collecting miles. The system will alert you when leaving outside the 100 metres radius from the marked location. If you leave outside the 100 metres radius, the system will pause collecting miles.
5. For Android users, the campaign ends on 23th May 2020, or when the total number of 500,000 miles run out. For iOS users, the campaign ends on 26th May 2020 or when the total number of 500,000 miles run out.
6. After the campaign ends or when the rewarded miles run out, participants must fill first-last name and the membership number which exactly match with Royal Orchid Plus profile via the application form and provide mobile telephone number or e-mail address by 7th June 2020 for Android users or by 10th June 2020 for iOS users.
7. The system will transfer collected miles to your Royal Orchid Plus account by 10th July 2020.

Instruction flow
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x4_...DkJm44p07/view
Old Apr 26, 2020, 3:00 am

So if I download this app and leave the phone at home I can earn 1 mile every 4 hours. That's 6 miles a day. The promotion lasts a month, so I could earn about 180 miles.

Great, now what can I do with 180 miles??
restlessinRNO and andyptrav like this.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by 11277m
So if I download this app and leave the phone at home I can earn 1 mile every 4 hours. That's 6 miles a day. The promotion lasts a month, so I could earn about 180 miles.

Great, now what can I do with 180 miles??
11277m - Thank you for clarifying the benefits of this offer.

One wonders why Thai Airways felt the need to offer this promotion.

Last edited by restlessinRNO; Apr 27, 2020 at 12:35 am Reason: spelling.
Old Apr 26, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I guess someone had an idea and forgot to think it through... Does seem rather pointless (literally speaking )
Old Apr 28, 2020, 9:10 am

Kinda pointless but branding stand point it’s how airlines can stay relevant when theyre no longer relevant. Works for them though. The whole programme probably costs them less than 2mil Baht.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 11:19 pm

Programs: TG Plat
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
I guess someone had an idea and forgot to think it through... Does seem rather pointless (literally speaking )
Are you suggesting that you know better than Thai Air management how to run their business after having critiscised others for similar thoughts? 😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.