Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thaiairways all europe flights canceled

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2020, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thaiairways all europe flights canceled

I have read that Thaiairways canceled all europe flights from 1. April until 31 May. Is that true ?
Old Mar 24, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: QR Silver
Originally Posted by DENG68
I have read that Thaiairways canceled all europe flights from 1. April until 31 May. Is that true ?
When I check in the website of Thai Airways, Frankfurt is still bookable daily, but Brussels is not bookable for April and May (but is bookable again in June).
Just a few days ago Brussels was still bookable in May.

My SO has to fly back in May. I hope they keep flying to Europe.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business...ds-its-flights

According to the Bangkok Post, "From April 1, it will cancel most of its flights to Europe - London, Frankfurt, Paris, …".
Old Mar 24, 2020, 8:57 pm

Programs: TG Plat
THAI Prepares to Temporarily Cancel Flights

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) announced that due to the ongoing global outbreak of COVID-19, several countries in Europe and Asia has intensely increased preventive measures including screening by local Ministries of Public Health and Civil Aviation Organizations as well as national lockdown. Therefore, THAI has prepared its plans and temporarily suspended its operations on the following flights.

1. Starting on 25 March 2020: Hong Kong, Taipei, Tokyo (Narita and Haneda), Osaka, Nagoya, Seoul, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Ho Chi Minh, Hanoi, Yangon, Singapore, Jakarta, Denpasar, Kunming, Xiamen, Chengdu, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Karachi, Kathmandu, Lahore, Dhaka, Islamabad, and Colombo. For domestic flights to Chiang Mai, Phuket, and Krabi will be transferred and operated by THAI Smile.

2. Starting on 27 March 2020: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth 3. Starting on 1 April 2020: THAI will cancel most of its flights to Europe which are London, Frankfurt, Paris, Brussels, Copenhagen, Oslo, Moscow and Stockholm

THAI previously suspended flights to Sendai, Sapporo, Fukuoka, Busan, Manila, Kuala Lumpur, Rome, Milan, Vienna, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Muscat, Dubai, and Auckland.

To facilitate customers, THAI allows passengers holding THAI and THAI Smile code-share flights air tickets, issued before 25 March 2020 with the following date of travel, to convert unused tickets to one-year valid travel voucher without fee and surcharges:

- Asian Routes during 25 March – 31 May 2020

- European, Australian and New Zealand Routes during 1 April – 31 May 2020

Royal Orchid Plus (ROP) members holding award tickets issued to travel during 25 March – 31 May 2020 may fully re-credit mileages or change the travel date without any fee or charge with expired miles extended until 30 September 2020.

Passengers may check flight schedules and make changes to itineraries themselves on thaiairways.com website. For ticket adjustments or more information, ROP members can contact THAI Sales Offices or visit thaiairways.com/rop.

THAI still operate cargo service in some routes and will operate charter flight if there are stranded passengers or requested by government agencies concerned. The Company will inform passengers accordingly if there is some flight adjustment.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Spent 10 minutes online today initiating credit card disputes for travel in May, citing TG's blanket cancellation of flights as the reason. Way more satisfactory than waiting for a reply out of TG, let alone the miserly refund they might given in two or three months from now
Old Mar 25, 2020, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Wow, proceeding straight to a cc dispute/charge back seems excessive.

Why not let TG refund the ticket as normal/customary (even if may take a bit longer in this unusual situation)? This is not the recommended way to have ticket refunded.
SKT-DK and andyptrav like this.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: TK G
BKK-FRA TG920 on 2.4. is still in the system to fly as planned according to TG customer service.

But that can change anytime...
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:36 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wow, proceeding straight to a cc dispute/charge back seems excessive.

Why not let TG refund the ticket as normal/customary (even if may take a bit longer in this unusual situation)? This is not the recommended way to have ticket refunded.
If you see some of RTWFF's other recent posts, you may get an idea as to why this - seems to be the general trend of his/her posts ("me me me before anyone else"... )

I would expect the CC company to reject these claims, and instead ask people to deal directly with the airline first - which would indeed be the normal way to go about it, and what I imagine the remaining 99.99% of people would do.
SK AAR, Mariocph and RTWFF like this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:56 am

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by Fraserman
BKK-FRA TG920 on 2.4. is still in the system to fly as planned according to TG customer service.

But that can change anytime...
Officially cancelled now...
Old Mar 26, 2020, 11:08 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Wow, proceeding straight to a cc dispute/charge back seems excessive. Why not let TG refund the ticket as normal/customary (even if may take a bit longer in this unusual situation)? This is not the recommended way to have ticket refunded.
A "bit longer". You mean four to six weeks as opposed to the 72 hours maximum it's taken every other travel supplier (eg. Agoda, AirBNB, Trainline) to process a refund? And that's a refund in full, not the partial refund TG seems to be offering in some places

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.