Wiki Posts
Search

codeshare check-in question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
codeshare check-in question

Traveling IAH-NRT-BKK (NH) overnight stay and then BKK-HKT (TG)... I know I won't be checked in for the TG portion in IAH, but will I be able to do mobile check-in for the TG portion? The only reason I care at all is because of seat selection.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bsb7140
Traveling IAH-NRT-BKK (NH) overnight stay and then BKK-HKT (TG)... I know I won't be checked in for the TG portion in IAH, but will I be able to do mobile check-in for the TG portion? The only reason I care at all is because of seat selection.
You can’t make seat selection in advance for the the domestic flight until OLCI opens 24 hours prior to the flight in any case. So don’t sweat this.

In your situation, depending on exact timings, you might be able to OLCI when transitting NRT or on arrival at BKK.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
You can’t make seat selection in advance for the the domestic flight until OLCI opens 24 hours prior to the flight in any case. So don’t sweat this.

In your situation, depending on exact timings, you might be able to OLCI when transitting NRT or on arrival at BKK.
Right, my main question was will it allow me to OLCI since it was bought as a codeshare.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Right, my main question was will it allow me to OLCI since it was bought as a codeshare.
You will need the TG PNR. UA should be able to provide this to you.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
You will need the TG PNR. UA should be able to provide this to you.
It is booked through NH.... when I originally booked it, TG gave me a PNR separate from the NH PNR... but now, that PNR no longer works, only the NH PNR pulls up the flight info on the TG website.The other PNR says its not valid. I will query NH/TG once more. Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
It is booked through NH.... when I originally booked it, TG gave me a PNR separate from the NH PNR... but now, that PNR no longer works, only the NH PNR pulls up the flight info on the TG website.The other PNR says its not valid. I will query NH/TG once more. Thanks.
Use NH PNR for OLCI.
And don't sweat, it is just a short domestic leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.