Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

50% off round-trip award tickets on selected routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:24 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum

Save 50% round-trip award tickets, all classes of service for routes between Bangkok to below selected destinations.

Kunming / Shanghai / Guangzhou / Chengdu / Xiamen / Hong Kong / Colombo / Dubai / Beijing / Fukuoka / Moscow / Copenhagen / Stockholm

Booking and issuing award tickets from 1 August to 30 September 2019. Travel must be completed by 31 October 2019. If you are in Thailand, you can instantly call THAI Contact Center at 02-3561111.

https://www.thaiairways.com/sites/en...joySave50.page

Too bad, I have already booked my award tickets before this promotion comes out, but in case there is anyone interested. All the selected routes aren't that interesting to me, but still a good deal I believe as I don't see THAI do this 50% off award tickets often.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
A good offer. Must have just been posted today, as I was looking through the ROP website yesterday quite a bit. Although the start date for the promo is 01 Aug....maybe I just missed it.

I don't have any flexibility to take up this 'low/rainy season' offer, and have mostly burned miles at present in any case.

Good for award nominees too:

Terms and Conditions:
1. Discounted 50% Award travel can be redeemed for member self or Award Nominees with THAI reservations worldwide.
2. Awards must be booked and ticketed from 1 August until 30 September 2019.
3. Travel must be completed by 31 October 2019.
4. Travel valid on ticketed flight date only. No rerouting, upgrade, or re-credit of miles is permitted
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Shangri-la Gold, Taj Gold, Krisflyer Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
A good offer. Must have just been posted today, as I was looking through the ROP website yesterday quite a bit. Although the start date for the promo is 01 Aug....maybe I just missed it.

I don't have any flexibility to take up this 'low/rainy season' offer, and have mostly burned miles at present in any case.

Does TG fly first on any of these routes?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kingboomer
Not as far as I can recall, but trivial task for you to search.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:18 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, SQ Gold, Qatar Platinum

I am trying to burn all ROP miles too, as I am moving to another programme. This 50% off reward tickets deal is quite nice since we could redeem it for nominees too, just that the selected routes are not that appealing
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Is CPH and ARN doing that bad off season that TG needs to discount award seats?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Juntima
..., just that the selected routes are not that appealing
Que? What is wrong with CPH or ARN? Anyway, most European capitals are just a short and cheap hop from CPH or ARN with a LLC.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:38 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Que? What is wrong with CPH or ARN? Anyway, most European capitals are just a short and cheap hop from CPH or ARN with a LLC.
Nothing wrong with CPH or ARN, just not the routes I plan to fly to within the deal period, since I have already redeemed 4 tickets BKK-MXP and BKK-BRU (also 4 tickets BKK-LED with Finnair). I can't take any more holiday to Europe this year, definitely not by this October
Of course it would be appealing to many others, and if the deal extend to next year then I would definitely burn miles to fly to
Old Aug 12, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Is CPH and ARN doing that bad off season that TG needs to discount award seats?
its probably (low) demand vs seats offered....(as it is low season)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 1:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Quick question - How do you guys search for award availability? I'm transferring points from CITI, however the site doesn't allow me to search for seats unless I have enough miles.
I also called the LA Office, the agent was unhelpful and said she can't search award flights. (What?!) I have to call the Thai office and pay for international fees to search for award tickets.
Any way else I can find availability for the routes I need?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 1:58 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bluestrudels
Quick question - How do you guys search for award availability? I'm transferring points from CITI, however the site doesn't allow me to search for seats unless I have enough miles.
I also called the LA Office, the agent was unhelpful and said she can't search award flights. (What?!) I have to call the Thai office and pay for international fees to search for award tickets.
Any way else I can find availability for the routes I need?
I don't recall we need enough miles to search on ROP, but if that's the case try searching on ANA, it will show other Star Alliance carriers too if available, then you could look through the result for THAI. Also, if you like, I could help searching ROP for you, just give me routes and time period
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To add, these days an international telephone call is quite inexpensive. I have no hesitation calling THAI Bangkok office from NZ, as the service is top notch and the call costs around $2-$4.

If spending <$5 achieves my aim, I am not fussed.....

I also have a paid subscription to ExpertFlyer at $10 a month. Very useful for award searches, and much, much more...
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Juntima
I don't recall we need enough miles to search on ROP, but if that's the case try searching on ANA, it will show other Star Alliance carriers too if available, then you could look through the result for THAI. Also, if you like, I could help searching ROP for you, just give me routes and time period
To add, these days an international telephone call is quite inexpensive. I have no hesitation calling THAI Bangkok office from NZ, as the service is top notch and the call costs around $2-$4.

If spending <$5 achieves my aim, I am not fussed.....

I also have a paid subscription to ExpertFlyer at $10 a month. Very useful for award searches, and much, much more...
Thanks guys! I made a international call using google voice and spoke to the rep in the Thai Office. Call was pleasant, cost only about $0.50 usd for 10+ mins.
The rep did mentioned that for these "promo" flights required to be called in to the Thai call center to be redeemed/ticketed, they cannot be purchase on the website. So FYI
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
From Thai Airways homepage:

** Effective on 16 August 2019, members can redeem award tickets for 2 more destinations between Bangkok and Osaka / Nagoya using 50% of miles.**
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Kingboomer
Yes, Osaka

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.