Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Way too many Bus gates, only Thai, and no Bus Class buses.....awful

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Way too many Bus gates, only Thai, and no Bus Class buses.....awful

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by EGW1
Maybe the issue is the airport is at / beyond capacity ?
There rather seems to be a lack of enough capable people.
Kacee likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I notice a few posters have said they like bus gates as they save the long walk - well this is great for pax at the front. If you’re in the last cabin and have to wait 30-40 mins to disembark not so great. Anyway this time on SQ into BKK, the 3 mins it took to reach the immigration line this time was better than the 33 last time on TG.
magnus.ant likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lokijuh
I notice a few posters have said they like bus gates as they save the long walk - well this is great for pax at the front. If you’re in the last cabin and have to wait 30-40 mins to disembark not so great. Anyway this time on SQ into BKK, the 3 mins it took to reach the immigration line this time was better than the 33 last time on TG.
Touche.....well said
Old May 31, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
And again... TG636 today, effing bus gate (E1A). Seriously...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Emirates Gold
I've flown numerous times with Thai (and Emirates via Dubai) in F over the past 8 years from LHR and I've never been bus'd. Are there particular routes that get affected or have I just been lucky ?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Disinto
And again... TG636 today, effing bus gate (E1A). Seriously...
And TG635 last night... initially supposed to be a bus gate (the purser told me this) and I expressed my dissatisfaction. She was convinced bused are segregated for J and Y. I told her it wasn’t the case. When we were about to land she told me they finally secured a gate... but it turned out to be one of the farthest, C10.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by chelseastu
I've flown numerous times with Thai (and Emirates via Dubai) in F over the past 8 years from LHR and I've never been bus'd. Are there particular routes that get affected or have I just been lucky ?
Intercontinental flights are less likely to be affected. Airlines other than Thai aren’t subjected to the same treatment, presumably because they don’t have nowhere as many aircraft as TG in BKK. I tend to fly SQ or BR now to try to avoid that treatment.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not convinced by the domestic to international flight or VV as justification for a bus gate. A well-managed airline should schedule aircraft to minimize this in airports where there are separate domestic and international concourses or terminals.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:43 pm

I fully agree. But it seems they're trying to cut costs here...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For years, dating to even before joining *A, A3 (Aegean) had a published policy that they would always provide a separate bus for business class passengers, although I've seen a few VVIPs diverted to a private Mercedes station wagon instead. It was considered part of the perks associated with the fare, and appelied even to very short domestic leisure routes to/from/between Greek islands. If A3 can do this, it should also be possible for TG at its home airport hub.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For years, dating to even before joining *A, A3 (Aegean) had a published policy that they would always provide a separate bus for business class passengers, although I've seen a few VVIPs diverted to a private Mercedes station wagon instead. It was considered part of the perks associated with the fare, and appelied even to very short domestic leisure routes to/from/between Greek islands. If A3 can do this, it should also be possible for TG at its home airport hub.
Oh of course it must be possible. But this state of affairs has existed for 10+ years, so evidently no imperative for THAI management to 'make it so'.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Was bussed from the LHR 777 flight last week. Loads of buses (I was in Y) and handled quite easily. Really nothing I could moan about vs the immigration queue. I just assumed the 777—300er is underutilised as vast numbers of spaces remaining at the terminal, so wasn't being used for several hours.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Disinto

Intercontinental flights are less likely to be affected. Airlines other than Thai aren’t subjected to the same treatment, presumably because they don’t have nowhere as many aircraft as TG in BKK. I tend to fly SQ or BR now to try to avoid that treatment.
TG466 last night from Melbourne (intercontinental) was another bl***y bus, and they piled as many people as possible in to the first bus. How does your argument about having lots of aircraft hold up at Singapore or Incheon or Hong Kong, where the home airline has huge numbers of aircraft, yet I have never been bused at any of these airports in the last ten years? I am flying SQ to Singapore on Tuesday, and may look at renewing my Gold with BA and see if I can effectively switch my loyalty, but I doubt it as Bangkok is where I live
Old Jun 16, 2019, 12:01 am

Don't get me wrong - I detest that too! I guess capacity is better planned in other hubs and other airlines aren't trying to desperately save costs without at least trying to understand the effects on pax ex.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
TG466 last night from Melbourne (intercontinental) was another bl***y bus, and they piled as many people as possible in to the first bus. How does your argument about having lots of aircraft hold up at Singapore or Incheon or Hong Kong, where the home airline has huge numbers of aircraft, yet I have never been bused at any of these airports in the last ten years? I am flying SQ to Singapore on Tuesday, and may look at renewing my Gold with BA and see if I can effectively switch my loyalty, but I doubt it as Bangkok is where I live
I also got the bus from MEL in biz and was shoved in just the same...I have to say, it was my first TG experience, and I was really underwhelmed. Nice hard product though, fwiw, on their A350, even if movie selection was so-so. Also, check in was good at MEL. But ultimately glad I took OS from there to VIE instead of TG, even if that made me massage-ineligibie...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.