Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Always Loved Thai, Now Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:15 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by RTWFF
How are people supposed to separate the sheep from the goats?
I guess you mean consumers not producers?
taste different!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Very Poor TG Experience

I'm going to pile on here.

Flew TG607 HKG-BKK last night. First thing was the swap. I thought this was a dedicated 77W route with lie flats since they eliminated F. It's not. We were swapped to the old 7 across 773 about 24 hours before the flight. And whoever did the seat assignments totally messed up. Jammed all the pax in next to eachother leaving entire rows open. I self-changed to an empty row after the door closed.

Boarded about 45 minutes late. GAs repeatedly wrong about when boarding would start (okay, so this happens on every other airline, too, but it's just super annoying).

Worst service I've ever had on TG. FA literally did not smile the entire flight. Very abrupt manner, bordering on rude (and not an English language issue, her English was fine). Never took my jacket.

The Thai chicken curry would have been fine in Y. The single tray meal presentation was just very sad. Fruit was not fresh.

The topper was the very remote remote stand arrival. Never parked so far out at BKK. At 10:45 pm. with literally dozens of open gates on the TG concourses. No separate bus for J pax. A very long, crowded ride to the terminal. At least they took us right to immigration (except now I have to argue with SGS about getting a refund of the $2k THB I paid for golf cart pick-up).

It was just so obvious TG has stopped caring about the passenger experience. I'm going to avoid them from now on on any route with reasonable alternatives.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
It was just so obvious TG has stopped caring about the passenger experience. I'm going to avoid them from now on on any route with reasonable alternatives.
I know such an experience can create some disappointment and emotions
Maybe a couple of days later one can put the experience into perspective
Overall TG has less aircraft swaps nowadays. for me I usually do not care much about the seat on such short flights. Certainly I do not need a full flat seat. Actually the angle flat are even more comfortable just for eating and reading or watching a movie
if seat assignment is screwed up, crew usually accommodates seat changes
Overall TG FA are quite friendly, in average more friendly and better caring than on other airline. but of course once in a while, there is one, who Fails. I usually just ignore or try to be extra friendly…
after introduction of samrap Thai, on short routes like SIN, KUL food was always served on one tray. now they extended to HKG as it was too rush to serve course by course and samrap needs more time then serving from carts
I have never experienced that J passengers get a separate bus (only F); but you get on the first bus and I do not mind if they fill up the first bus with Y passengers...
Thai-Kiwi and SKT-DK like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Maybe a couple of days later one can put the experience into perspective
Wise words.

I still don't get why they parked at the distant remote stand with so many gates open. Jammed on a bus is not how I like to end a 20 hour journey (especially when I've booked a gate pick-up).

My main complaint on the 773 seat for 2.5 hour flight is the lack of privacy. I was able to remedy that by self-relocating.

I was really surprised by the FA's unfriendliness, so unusual. Now at SGS and enjoying more typical Thai hospitality (And they are adjusting my VIP pick-up charge).
BinSabai likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
I know there are all sorts of valid reasons.... but.... from a passenger perspective it is really annoying when you arrive at a remote stand when you see dozens of gates open at the terminal.

There are solutions... and aircraft could arrive at the terminal and then be towed to a remote stand if necessary once pax have disembarked.

It was particularly annoying on my last TG departure where we had to walk the 950 metres to the gate (according to the sign), then get bussed to the aircraft on a remote stand... with literally dozens of empty gates. They could have at least assigned a D gate departure for the bus so we didn’t have to walk as far.
Kacee and royng like this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
I know there are all sorts of valid reasons.... but.... from a passenger perspective it is really annoying when you arrive at a remote stand when you see dozens of gates open at the terminal.
Sure is. It's a lot more understandable at airports like FRA or HKG, where they have a gate shortage.

I'm assuming that TG gets charged to park the aircraft at the gate overnight, and wants to further reduce costs by not having to tow it off for remote parking after the pax have disembarked. Easier from their perspective to just park it remote, and bus the pax. But a real disregard for the passenger experience.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure is. It's a lot more understandable at airports like FRA or HKG, where they have a gate shortage.

I'm assuming that TG gets charged to park the aircraft at the gate overnight, and wants to further reduce costs by not having to tow it off for remote parking after the pax have disembarked. Easier from their perspective to just park it remote, and bus the pax. But a real disregard for the passenger experience.
Not even a case f overnight The flight i was mentioning was the 0015 to MEL. An a350. Plenty of empty gates at 2300, but we were bussed miles to the plane. Maybe it came from operating a domestic service from HKT or something? But still, it could have parked at domestic and been towed to international, or arrived remote and then been towed to international.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

Not even a case f overnight The flight i was mentioning was the 0015 to MEL. An a350. Plenty of empty gates at 2300, but we were bussed miles to the plane. Maybe it came from operating a domestic service from HKT or something? But still, it could have parked at domestic and been towed to international, or arrived remote and then been towed to international.
can not be the reason as "domestic" gates at A and B are used for international departures after 2300
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BinSabai
can not be the reason as "domestic" gates at A and B are used for international departures after 2300
I have no idea then, and makes it even more annoying! There were two or three a350s lined up at the remotes, maybe the terminal can’t handle them?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Flew TG607 HKG-BKK last night. First thing was the swap. I thought this was a dedicated 77W route with lie flats since they eliminated F. It's not. We were swapped to the old 7 across 773 about 24 hours before the flight. And whoever did the seat assignments totally messed up. Jammed all the pax in next to eachother leaving entire rows open. I self-changed to an empty row after the door closed.
Just got TG'ed too.... My flight TG601 tomorrow is swapped to B747.... Does anyone know if they will upgrade *G to 1st class for a flight sold as 2 classes only??
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by l380
Just got TG'ed too.... My flight TG601 tomorrow is swapped to B747.... Does anyone know if they will upgrade *G to 1st class for a flight sold as 2 classes only??
not automatically and it depends how many Platinums, ROP Golds and TIPS, who will be seated in the F before you….. do OLCI and change your seat to row 1-3 if you can
Old Aug 3, 2018, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Flight looks wide open in J on Sat 4 Aug, so the odds looks to sit in the F seat for 2:30 is as good as it could be, although HKG is a popular destination for Thais - especially 'important' TIPs - who will have influence on getting the good seats with/without airline status.

I think sometimes they will not use the upper deck, increasing the load of J pax in the F section. I think I experienced that once to/from Singapore - but a long time ago.

Good luck
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:17 pm

anyway @I380 let us know how it went
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: BRK-B
Have you ever been bussed to a 380? Well, I was. I usually finish most of the plate served by TG, on my latest flight, I couldn't finish the Samrab! I have to say that food taste is getting worse.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Noppasit
Have you ever been bussed to a 380? Well, I was. I usually finish most of the plate served by TG, on my latest flight, I couldn't finish the Samrab! I have to say that food taste is getting worse.
never
must be an exception...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.