Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai aircraft type

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Thai aircraft type

Does anyone know if the TG 911 from LHR-BKK has Y in upper deck of the A380. Many thanks
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Yes they do.
Do a dummy reservation on TG site or take a look at SeatGuru to see for yourself.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Can you get to seat selection on Thai before paying to check what seats are free?
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
there is an excellent sticky thread in this Forum about seat configurations of all TG aircraft types, which is better updated then seatguru:
Thai Airways International Seat Configuration Overview
and also TG has seat maps on their Website and from their you see, that there are some rows of Y on the upper deck
http://www.thaiairways.com/static/co...e/A380-800.jpg

and if you had a seat like me in the second cabin of J and have heard the noise of the y class passengers inflight, then you do not need above as you know there are Y on the upper deck...
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Noble16
Can you get to seat selection on Thai before paying to check what seats are free?
Yes. I am sure at some point in the past they restricted the upper deck to specific fare buckets, but may not currently be the case.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Yes. I am sure at some point in the past they restricted the upper deck to specific fare buckets, but may not currently be the case.
That's correct.
Awards and higher fares are not restricted - can choose anywhere.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:29 pm

i heard that the Y seats in the upper deck are also the best! can anyone confirm?
Old Apr 24, 2018, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BinSabai
i heard that the Y seats in the upper deck are also the best! can anyone confirm?
It is a nice little cabin, rather than the huge congress center downstairs. The storage compartments but the windows are convenient as well.

It is very quiet up there You can disembark quicker maybe if you are downstairs between door 1 and 2,but as they seem to let lower deck only go after first and business class, you may well be quicker of than most of the lower deck. But I guess that depends on the staff of the day.

Boarding signs guides you to walk to end of the lower deck and take the stairs up. But if you are Star Gold you might as well take the business class door upstairs and get your seat quicker during priority boarding
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Does anyone know if the TG 911 from LHR-BKK has Y in upper deck of the A380. Many thanks
yes. rows 76-82. (link)
Old May 2, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Thai
Originally Posted by BinSabai
there is an excellent sticky thread in this Forum about seat configurations of all TG aircraft types, which is better updated then seatguru:
Thai Airways International Seat Configuration Overview
and also TG has seat maps on their Website and from their you see, that there are some rows of Y on the upper deck
http://www.thaiairways.com/static/co...e/A380-800.jpg

and if you had a seat like me in the second cabin of J and have heard the noise of the y class passengers inflight, then you do not need above as you know there are Y on the upper deck...
I've sat in the last row of Business with economy behind me on many flights on various airlines and have never been bothered by noise from economy behind. What kind of "noise" are you referring too?
Old May 2, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: Thai
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
The upstairs economy seats are still in a different fare bucket than downstairs. The cheapest available economy rates often do not include upstairs or the front half of downstairs economy.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by Cameron38
I've sat in the last row of Business with economy behind me on many flights on various airlines and have never been bothered by noise from economy behind. What kind of "noise" are you referring too?
loud chat and laugh during everybody is sleeping
crying kids
but seldom you can have this as well in J
Old May 4, 2018, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Even if you have paid for the cheapest fare is there an option to pay to sit in the top deck?
Old May 4, 2018, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Even if you have paid for the cheapest fare is there an option to pay to sit in the top deck?
Possibly you may be able to select any Y seat when conducting OLCI at T-24 - of course UD seats my have already been allocated to others on higher fare classes in advance.

The only way to pay would be to pay the fare difference to a more flexible fare (K class or better), that would open up the seat map prior to OLCI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.