Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

avoid expensive tickets from BKK, fly BKK-KUL-BKK-XXX-BKK-KUL-BKK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

avoid expensive tickets from BKK, fly BKK-KUL-BKK-XXX-BKK-KUL-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:51 am

I do not know anything specifically about TG’s policies, but under certain circumstances nested ticketing can be a problem with many airlines.

For example, if taking two short trips from North America to Europe, combining two overlapping discounted tickets could save thousands of dollars.

Ticket 1 outbound: Monday JFK-CDG

Ticket 2 outbound: Friday CDG-JFK

two weeks later,

Ticket 2 “return”: Monday JFK-CDG

Ticket 1 return: Friday CDG-JFK

The above could circumvent minimum stay, Saturday night stay requirements. Two discounted business class tickets could cost a third of what it would cost to ticket each trip per the normal fare rules. Airlines would take action against this if using the same airline. But if you were to buy one ticket from AA and the other from AF, for example, neither airline would know or care what was happening.

I have no direct experience with this type of thing on TG, as I have never tried it using two TG tickets. I am sure others know how TG deals with that type of ticketing.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I have never had any objections from THAI when doing this, although the nested tickets have been well clear of any possible interactions between them.

Indeed, later this month with THAI, I am flying AKL-BKK-SIN-BKK-AKL, and am nesting an award tix BKK-HKG-BKK to achieve an overall AKL-BKK-(BKK-HKG-BKK)-SIN-BKK-AKL. Both tickets were dealt with by the Auckland office as the AKL-BKK-SIN return was upgraded via GUP2, and the BKK-HKG return was a 50% Gold member award ticket - so booked and arranged 'in plain sight' of THAI local and Bangkok reversions staff with no questions. This is consistent with my previous experiences.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I do not know anything specifically about TG’s policies, but under certain circumstances nested ticketing can be a problem with many airlines.
There’s nothing wrong with nested tickets. As long as the one who is flying arrives promptly to flights, there’s nothing an airline can do about it whether they like it or not.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by flyerby

There’s nothing wrong with nested tickets. As long as the one who is flying arrives promptly to flights, there’s nothing an airline can do about it whether they like it or not.
There's nothing wrong with nested tickets so long as you're not evading fare rule restrictions and yes, that includes taking all segments purchased.

Pricing is not a fare rule.
MikeFromTokyo and BinSabai like this.

Last edited by dsquared37; Apr 5, 2018 at 6:37 pm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 12:17 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I’ve thrown away the last segment on these with no problems.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by 2lovelife
I’ve thrown away the last segment on these with no problems.
so you have done a nested ticket with TG and through BKK? could you share experience? thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.