Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

TG sets waistline limit for passengers on 787-9 Dreamliners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG sets waistline limit for passengers on 787-9 Dreamliners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, Emirates Silver , BA BRonze
My jeans have a 44 waist and I needed an extention belt on the 787 dreamliner of KLM, never ever needed them on any other plane.
Got one without any issues.
The airbag is bulky, heavy and uncomfortable bye the way.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:08 am

Programs: UA*S, TK*G, BA G
Let's be real here. Seat belts protect you from the effects of turbulence, taxiing accidents etc. If your plane crashes, no amount of in-belt airbags is going to make a difference in terms of survivability.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by tnmlyger
Let's be real here. Seat belts protect you from the effects of turbulence, taxiing accidents etc. If your plane crashes, no amount of in-belt airbags is going to make a difference in terms of survivability.
Can you provide any evidence to support this claim? All the scientific research is - as far as I know - 100% contrary to your statement.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:52 am

I'm just guessing but aren't we talking about 5-10% (maybe less?) of passengers here?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Can you provide any evidence to support this claim? All the scientific research is - as far as I know - 100% contrary to your statement.
What about the real life evidence?
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by BinSabai
i do not think that they are going to measure waists at check in or at the gate! Who does not fit into the belt, will be downgraded to cattle class. If cattle is full, someone will have the pleasure to get upgraded!
I am struggling ith a picture of such a body trying to stuffitself ina Y seat. MAybe itwill ,but what about the por seatmate (s).? The upper body will way overflow into the neighbors. Airlines should follow Southwest in demanding the person payfor two seats.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF

I don’t see any major problems with this... ultimately the test will be once the passenger is on board... if they don’t fit they don’t fit and will have to be moved (or reaccommodated on another flight).

The same thing no doubt happens with pax who book exit rows and have boarding passes issued by other airlines... the ultimate test is once they are on board. If the crew deems them ineligible they are moved.
if he does not fit in biz class seat, so they should downgrade him to cargo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.