Business class check-in "on standby"

Old Mar 4, 19, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Business class check-in "on standby"

I just booked TG 664 in Business (D class) for tomorrow (Mar 5) as a revenue ticket, which Chase's travel site showed as the last available ticket. When checking in, it says that I'm "On Standby" and can't select a seat. Inventory is still showing as C9 D9 J0 Z0 I0 when searching on United. My question is:

- What are the chances I will be bumped? I'm *G on UA and put my frequent flyer number on the booking. Would they bump somebody who paid a lower fare or doesn't have status first? Or am I the first one to get bumped since I don't have a seat assignment yet?
- What kind of compensation can I expect if they put me in Y? How would I get the compensation if booked through Chase? I am considering of cancelling the ticket (booked within 24hrs of departure through Chase, so should be fully refundable) at the check-in counter before checking my bag if they can't assign me a seat and flying a different airline in Y for a much cheaper price.
- Why does United still sell 9 seats for this flight? Thai Airways doesn't sell it anymore.
Old Mar 4, 19, 10:11 am

Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Sounds like a United problem, not a Thai problem. Was the e-ticket actually issued to you ?(starts with 217). If not, then that might explain things a little.

On seatng, TG does withhold some seats for Airport Control - these should now be available if you check in online.

Expertflyer shows the business cabin as fully sold. This route is likely to be popular, and maybe oversold in J. As a *G you should have priority over other business class pax.

No idea about ‘Chase’ and so can’t offer any advice about options in the event you are downgraded to Y.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Mar 4, 19, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I was able to get a boarding pass with a seat prior to heading to the airport, and there are actually still around 3 empty seats in J. And yes, Chase Travel issued a 217 e-ticket.
BinSabai and Thai-Kiwi like this.

Search this Thread