Wiki Posts
Search

A visitor on a short international transit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
A visitor on a short international transit

I’m going to have a short international transit at BKK. It’s too short to go out of the terminal and come back. Is there a way for a friend to get inside the international terminal instead and meet me there?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
if your friend has no valid boarding pass, he will not be able to enter the international departure area
to meet outside, your needed time for going through inbound Immigration, customs, go up to departure level, outbound Immigration (if you have already a boarding pass and do not need to recheck in) and security depends whether you have fast track or not
if fast track you are out in 5-15 minutes from the gate and back in 5-10 minutes from where you meet with your friend. Fast track service can be purchased if you are not traveling in premium class
Old Jan 22, 2018, 6:48 am

Your friend could buy some cheap international ticket (to a destination where no visa is needed).
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I second this. Your friend buys a cheap int. ticket on any carrier (but keep any visa requirements for that particular destination/country in mind), check-in ad proceeds through immigration and security to meet you in the transit area. After your meeting your friend proceeds to the gate or transfer desk of the airline and ask to be off-loaded from the flight explaing that something was forgotten at home which makes travelling in vain - and ask to be taken/directed to arrivals level to enter TH again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.