Wiki Posts
Search

Help with luggage tracking BKK / PEK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Help with luggage tracking BKK / PEK

Hi - I flew UA/TG from ORD - xSFO - xPEK - BKK, arriving on TG615 on Friday.

My however bag did not make it.

According to UA the bag was “handed over” to TG in PEK. I opened a case file in BKK with TG. UA washes their hands of the matter, points at TG as last carrier, which I understand.

However TG in BKK has no Knowledge of the bag, and there have been 4 flights from PEK - BKK since my arrival. They claim to have tried to call PEK station (as suggested by UA) but that has not caused my bag to appear.

Does anyone one here have a contact (or idea) at TG that could help me? Happily by PM if preferred.

Biggest problem is that I’m off to TPE Sunday night for meetings all week and then on to FRA.....so time is critical....

thanks!!

Last edited by FS_FRA; Dec 2, 2017 at 9:39 am Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 2, 2017, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by FS_FRA
Hi - I flew UA/TG from ORD - xSFO - xPEK - BKK, arriving on TG615 on Friday.

My however bag did not make it.

According to UA the bag was “handed over” to TG in PEK. I opened a case file in BKK with TG. UA washes their hands of the matter, points at TG as last carrier, which I understand.

However TG in BKK has no Knowledge of the bag, and there have been 4 flights from PEK - BKK since my arrival. They claim to have tried to call PEK station (as suggested by UA) but that has not caused my bag to appear.

Does anyone one here have a contact (or idea) at TG that could help me? Happily by PM if preferred.

Biggest problem is that I’m off to TPE Sunday night for meetings all week and then on to FRA.....so time is critical....

thanks!!
UA is correct... the last carrier is responsible for tracking your bag.

You will have a delayed/lost luggage report. You'll have to sit tight till they find it. They will however forward it on even if you are in TPE. You should check with TG to see your daily allowance for purchasing essential items, plus your travel insurance.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
UA is correct... the last carrier is responsible for tracking your bag.

You will have a delayed/lost luggage report. You'll have to sit tight till they find it. They will however forward it on even if you are in TPE. You should check with TG to see your daily allowance for purchasing essential items, plus your travel insurance.
TG is responsible. My experience is: the bag will show up, usually between 1 and 3 days after it got lost. Never faster, rarely longer. It is most likely sitting somewhere until somebody takes time to work thru the pile of lost luggage and retags it to the destination. Sometimes you can see the bag as found on the baggage tracking system, sometimes it just shows up. Calling etc does nit help, they just will be polite and do nothing.

Make sure to update the information with your next address (you don't want the bag in your hotel in BKK after you have left). Just buy an reasonable amount of cloth, cosmetics etc and have it reimbursed. Otherwise just relax (easier said than done).
Old Dec 5, 2017, 1:44 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
any update from OP as 3 days passed and he left BKK for next destination?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by BinSabai
any update from OP as 3 days passed and he left BKK for next destination?
I would also like to hear an update from OP.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by flyerby
I would also like to hear an update from OP.
typical for many posters on this board. Raise questions and never feedback!
Old Dec 17, 2017, 4:16 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
I have posted about lost luggage. but does anyone know how to claim for reimbursement from TG for the items to be reimbursed due to the delay? I looked on the TG website and cannot find a claim for anywhere, or how to claim. Thank you
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I have posted about lost luggage. but does anyone know how to claim for reimbursement from TG for the items to be reimbursed due to the delay? I looked on the TG website and cannot find a claim for anywhere, or how to claim. Thank you
Contact TG's Sydney office - either phone or email. They'll help you out.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:36 am

did you contact lost luggage Counter at Swampy Airport? They provide you with contacts how to proceed
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The final destination was SYD; not BKK - TG at BKK can do nothing for the OP's son (who is in Sydney now). The lad needs to contact TG Sydney to inquire about the bag and how to get reimbursed for essential clothes purchased until the bag arrives.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The final destination was SYD; not BKK - TG at BKK can do nothing for the OP's son (who is in Sydney now). The lad needs to contact TG Sydney to inquire about the bag and how to get reimbursed for essential clothes purchased until the bag arrives.
I did not read the other thread before I answered the OP; and from the Statement of the OP in this thread it was not recognizable that final destination was Sydney. Certainly TG in BKK can not help in this case.

It is advisable to ALWAYS contact lost luggage center at final destination and already there claim for reimbursements/compensations
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR
All good now. Contacted TG via web at "Contact Us" who routed it to SYD TG CS. They responded quite quickly and have agreed to reasonable reimbursement. Lost luggage turned up at SYD address (family) just short of 48 hours after his arrival. Thank you for all the information. Very impressed with TG especially since LH did not originally put the luggage on the first leg of the flight.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
All good now. Contacted TG via web at "Contact Us" who routed it to SYD TG CS. They responded quite quickly and have agreed to reasonable reimbursement. Lost luggage turned up at SYD address (family) just short of 48 hours after his arrival. Thank you for all the information. Very impressed with TG especially since LH did not originally put the luggage on the first leg of the flight.
No doubt TG will extract something from LH in any case?
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
No doubt TG will extract something from LH in any case?
Or they net it off against each other? Or maybe not. Wasn't one of the reasons airlines stopped interlining on separate tickets because of the cost involved for missing bags?
Old Dec 21, 2017, 1:33 pm

(
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Or they net it off against each other? Or maybe not. Wasn't one of the reasons airlines stopped interlining on separate tickets because of the cost involved for missing bags?
Just to clarify, not that it makes any difference, the flights for my son (LHR-FRA-BKK-SYD) were all on one ticket. However, two days earlier I travelled SAN-LAX on one ticket (UA) and LAX-AKL-SYD (NZ) on a second ticket and the bags were interlined since they are both Star Alliance. My bags arrived on the same flight as me in SYD. I had a similar trip earlier in the year (different airlines and destinations) and no problems with the luggage. The airlines in the Star Alliance network will interline the luggage when on separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.