Wiki Posts
Search

Chicken "thing"

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Chicken "thing"

TG is usually pretty good with English in their public-facing materials (unlike some other Thai corporations). But this one obviously slipped through. The food delivered was actually completely different to what was on the menu anyway, so I never found out what the chicken 'thing' was.

Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Hahaha, that is a good one!
chicken thigh probably; this word is pretty unknown and not taught in Thailand schools
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Well, much better than what I encountered this year in certain 5* resort in Northern Italy, also known as South Tyrol. They translated "jung Schweinehacksteak" as a "veal cutlet". Can you imagine what could happen if person not allowed to eat pork ordered their veal cutlet?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by vbroucek
Well, much better than what I encountered this year in certain 5* resort in Northern Italy, also known as South Tyrol. They translated "jung Schweinehacksteak" as a "veal cutlet". Can you imagine what could happen if person not allowed to eat pork ordered their veal cutlet?
yes I can imagine! those not allowed to eat pork due to religious reasons would end up in hell due to sloppy translation...
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I once saw a Portugese TV guide advertising the movie "Count of Montecristo". Unfortunately one letter was omitted from the first word of the title. It certainly got everyone's attention!
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by og
I once saw a Portugese TV guide advertising the movie "Count of Montecristo". Unfortunately one letter was omitted from the first word of the title. It certainly got everyone's attention!
i am not going to guess, which vowel was missing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.