Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Smile domestic lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Question Thai Smile domestic lounge access

I know that *A Gold (non-Thai ROP) members don't get complimentary lounge access when travelling domestically, but is it possible to purchase lounge access? I'm arriving internationally about 1am and departing domestically around 7am and would like somewhere comfortable to put up my feet. I have two suitcases to retrieve and then check-in, so lurking in international transit lounges isn't an option
Old Jul 16, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
yes Access can be bought
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: TG Gold
Originally Posted by RTWFF
I know that *A Gold (non-Thai ROP) members don't get complimentary lounge access when travelling domestically, but is it possible to purchase lounge access? I'm arriving internationally about 1am and departing domestically around 7am and would like somewhere comfortable to put up my feet. I have two suitcases to retrieve and then check-in, so lurking in international transit lounges isn't an option
the lounges are closing during night.
domestic lounge just before midnight

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp-my...location.page?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by 1786771
the lounges are closing during night.
domestic lounge just before midnight

http://www.thaiairways.com/en/exp-my...location.page?
oh yes they are closed during night (I overlooked the time mentioned) and the transit immigration from international arrival to domestic opens 0500
I also do not think that OP can do normal check in for domestic flight just after arrival
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I'm arriving internationally about 1am and departing domestically around 7am and would like somewhere comfortable to put up my feet. I have two suitcases to retrieve and then check-in, so lurking in international transit lounges isn't an option
This is about the roughest schedule one can have; enough time streetside at night to go stir crazy but not enough time to bother going to a hotel.

You'll be through customs by 2AM most likely and my suggestion is to head downstairs to the food court or pony up to an all night establishment on Floor 2 and grab some beer.

Counters will open at 5ish and you can proceed to airside at that time.

Good luck.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Airport hotel

As I recall even the closest airport hotel isn't exactly walking distance
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:12 pm

As I recall even the closest airport hotel isn't exactly walking distance
but many offer free pick up and drop off
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
The expensive Novotel has an underground walkway next to the ARL city train, lowest level. Novotel also has a desk near domestic arrivals exit, I don't walk ask for a minibus, a few minutes drive, better than walk in 30C+.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion
The expensive Novotel has an underground walkway next to the ARL city train, lowest level. Novotel also has a desk near domestic arrivals exit, I don't walk ask for a minibus, a few minutes drive, better than walk in 30C+.
but those underground walkway is not at 30C+, same as the bridges to the parking, which are airconditioned

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.