Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai A350 Flights vs 777 ER

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Having done 3 sectors on TGA350 in J nice plane but I hate the seatbelt, very uncomfortable 👎
You don't need to wear it for the rest of the flight, just for taking off and landing only.
But yes, very not comfortable
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pandalama
You don't need to wear it for the rest of the flight, just for taking off and landing only.
But yes, very not comfortable
They ask you to wear it all the time, for safety reasons & i’m happy to do so with the standard lap belt not that crazy straight jacket belt.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
I was never asked to wear the shoulder belt other than for take off and landing on my flights . I there was rough air, I'd buckle up.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris63

They ask you to wear it all the time, for safety reasons & i’m happy to do so with the standard lap belt not that crazy straight jacket belt.
No they don't - they ask you to wear your seat belt while seated, yes, but you can take off the shoulder harness once the seat belt sign is off.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tmac100
Flew the 350 last Friday in Business class MEL-BKK. I liked it in all aspects. One (male?) toilet was quite enough for Business class. Food was excellent. The lighting was quite relaxing. A VERY quiet airplane.
On the BKK-KUL sector in Business class I flew the 777 ER. A shorter flight and thus easier on my 195 cm body. No idea about comparing it to the 350 since flight duration was so short, BUT the 350 had more relaxing lighting and was noticeably quieter....
A350 has 3 toilets for J (32 passengers), one in front and two in the back.
There are no separate toilets for male and female on TG
Old Sep 3, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tmac100
One (male?) toilet was quite enough for Business clas.
Say what? - we're not in the 18th century anymore
There are three toilets for J class on the A350.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:54 am
spk

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Say what? - we're not in the 18th century anymore
There are three toilets for J class on the A350.
Yes. From my observation, TG tries to keep passengers to toilets ratio in Royal Silk to not exceeding 15:1.
A380-800: 15:1
747-400: U/D 13:1 L/D 14:1
777-300ER: 14:1
777-200ER: 12:1
787-8: 11:1
787-9: 15:1
A350-900: 11:1
A330-300: 12:1 (33R=11:1)
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by spk
Yes. From my observation, TG tries to keep passengers to toilets ratio in Royal Silk to not exceeding 15:1.
My point was not on the pax to toilet ratio, but on the quoted post supposedly claiming gender segregation (hence the bolding).....
BinSabai likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Is it just me or are TG's A350 planes getting a very good daily workout?

And I got a nasty bruise on my thigh from the tight corner of my seat when I woke up to pee on my flight to BRU. It was late, I was tired & I must have just hit the corner really hard when I left my seat coz the bruise is still there. The strange thing is that the bruise is on my R thigh, not the L so I'm quite puzzled how I got it. Maybe when I was returning to my seat?

I'm tall but not large so I fit in most seats but I have to say the design of this seat is not well thought out. It feels narrow & tight, & I find that selecting a seat on the R side of the aircraft is better for side sleepers. Not sure if it makes sense but on the outbound, I was at 12A and I felt like it was cramped but it was fine for me at 14F on the inbound.

Old Apr 28, 2019, 6:19 am

I recently flew FCO - BKK on the A350 and while not expecting the new plane smell, I was quite surprised to see the worn out seats and equipment in the J cabin. In comparison, I flew the 777 back to ZRH and it was probably in better shape than the A350. Cheaper materials? Less maintenance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.