United redemtion DPS-SIN J

Old Apr 26, 19, 4:57 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
United redemtion DPS-SIN J

Im looking to book reward flights from DPS-BKK-SIN,

Does Thai Airways provide free hotel for night?
if Yes which hotel they usualy give?

Flight will be landed at BKK on 19.25 and first flight to sin is next day...
headforflights is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:27 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 62
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
Im looking to book reward flights from DPS-BKK-SIN,

Does Thai Airways provide free hotel for night?
if Yes which hotel they usualy give?

Flight will be landed at BKK on 19.25 and first flight to sin is next day...

In TG, redemption tickets, including ROP redemption are not entitle for any STPC if Iím not wrong, itís only available for paid J and above, not even Y.
nisnekmil is offline  
Old Apr 26, 19, 6:35 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,207
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
Im looking to book reward flights from DPS-BKK-SIN,...
Have you looked at a cash ticket DPS-SIN non stop on a range of airlines?
It is not a long flight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngurah...tional_Airport
Great Circle Mapper
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 6:40 am
  #4  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Have you looked at a cash ticket DPS-SIN non stop on a range of airlines?
It is not a long flight.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ngurah...tional_Airport
Great Circle Mapper
yes I know it's not long flight direct but opurtinity to fly b747 uperdeck and new a350

I using hidden united redemtion option I will be only paying tax for DPS-BKK-SIN not any mile.....
headforflights is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 10:16 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,004
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
I using hidden united redemtion option I will be only paying tax for DPS-BKK-SIN not any mile.....
I’m getting 25K miles + $40.5 for O/W DPS-BKK-SIN on UA website. Care to share how to fly without spending any mile.
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 11:14 am
  #6  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
yes...

just fly like this multicity redemtion
akl-chc biz june 2019 25k miles+taxes
dps-bkk-sin july 2019 0miles +taxes
chc-akl biz august 2019 25k miles+taxes

so you don't spend any miles for dps-bkk-sin
headforflights is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 1:20 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,004
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 27, 19, 2:26 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MEL CHC
Posts: 14,207
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
yes...
Just fly like this multicity redemption
akl-chc biz june 2019 25k miles+taxes
dps-bkk-sin july 2019 0miles +taxes
chc-akl biz august 2019 25k miles+taxes

So you don't spend any miles for dps-bkk-sin
All domestic flights in New Zealand are economy only. (All airlines) Best you could get is an economy seat with extra leg room. AKL CHC can be a $100 or less/more.
Mwenenzi is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 12:32 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,004
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
yes...

just fly like this multicity redemtion
akl-chc biz june 2019 25k miles+taxes
dps-bkk-sin july 2019 0miles +taxes
chc-akl biz august 2019 25k miles+taxes

so you don't spend any miles for dps-bkk-sin
Originally Posted by flyerby View Post
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
All domestic flights in New Zealand are economy only. (All airlines) Best you could get is an economy seat with extra leg room. AKL CHC can be a $100 or less/more.
I donít see any biz flights AKL-CHC on UA website and even if there were this itinerary doesnít qualify for the perk and hence no free mileage on DPS-BKK-SIN.
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:01 am
  #10  
p78
Suspended
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 393
You can use it in Europe or North America

fra-ist biz 25k biz
dps-bkk-sin 0k biz
bru-cgk 8k eco


p78 is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:07 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PSP & ZQN
Programs: UA 1K (2MM),AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold, DL Plat Medallion, MH Enrich Platinum
Posts: 1,554
Originally Posted by headforflights View Post
yes...

just fly like this multicity redemtion
akl-chc biz june 2019 25k miles+taxes
dps-bkk-sin july 2019 0miles +taxes
chc-akl biz august 2019 25k miles+taxes

so you don't spend any miles for dps-bkk-sin
Extremely poor use of UA miles and as stated in other posts no business class between Auckland and Christchurch.
zebranz is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 3:46 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Programs: TK E+, RJ P
Posts: 1,004
Originally Posted by p78 View Post
You can use it in Europe or North America

fra-ist biz 25k biz
dps-bkk-sin 0k biz
bru-cgk 8k eco
What you write is not within UA regulation but it works due to an IT glitch.
I guess thatís why OP called it hidden.
Happy to have learned a new trick.
flyerby is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 12:31 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BKK
Posts: 6,649
So the OP is getting free business class on TG on a very long connection between DPS and SIN, and wants to know if a free hotel room is also included? No, if you want one, pay for your own hotel.

Why not just fly SQ on a direct flight?
SKT-DK likes this.
MikeFromTokyo is offline  
Old Apr 28, 19, 12:53 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,495
TG will not provide any hotel, even if you were in revenue biz class. Anyway, except for the prizy Novotel directly at the airport there are plenty of cheap/reasonably prices hotels in the vicinity of the airport. There is a thread dedicated to BKK airport hotels in the Thailand forum
SK AAR is offline  
Old Apr 30, 19, 9:12 am
  #15  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo View Post
So the OP is getting free business class on TG on a very long connection between DPS and SIN, and wants to know if a free hotel room is also included? No, if you want one, pay for your own hotel.

Why not just fly SQ on a direct flight?
I just ask if they provide hotel...if not I will pay for hotel

I can fly direct DPS-BKK but
thai option will give me kids rare opurtunity to fly on upper deck of 747 adn also test new a350
its about bucket list not time and cheper cost
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
headforflights is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread