Wiki Posts
Search

Now Cannot Select/Change Seat Online?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Now Cannot Select/Change Seat Online?

I had booked a flight, gotten the PNR and went back to look at seats. I went to Manage Booking, put in the PNR and my name. A notice came up that you can no longer chose seats online. You have to contact a Thai office. This was a Business Class seat.

When/WHY?? did they drop this option? This is between BKK-NRT so not sure if it can be attributed to a change in aircraft. If you can call a Thai office and get a seat, it is not aircraft switch.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: BRK-B
I can see that too, BKK-FRA and BKK-LHR Business Class.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:51 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Likely that all seats are selected/blocked, hence you cant change from your current seat. If you dont have a seat assigned currently, call in to ask.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 9:40 am

Same here. 3 booked flights and on all flights I get this message. So seems this warning is a general one.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 10:43 am

Got this warning too but was also able to select seats
Old Jul 19, 2016, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Originally Posted by Tokyoite
Likely that all seats are selected/blocked, hence you cant change from your current seat. If you dont have a seat assigned currently, call in to ask.
This flight is an A330 in Business, for February 2017. You think all the seats are already booked out this far in advance? Thai must be doing really well to have that cabin full this far in advance.
Old Jul 19, 2016, 5:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I had the same thing yesterday. Can't select the seats. Another low..
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by bwiadca
I had the same thing yesterday. Can't select the seats. Another low..
The "manage bookings" screen has two places where it appears you can select seats. Only one of them works. My bet is you're trying the wrong one.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:17 pm

On 7/10/16 I can select our seats on flight BKK-NRT. The next day (7/11) I tried to select seats on flight SYD-BKK but I couldn't. So I sent email to Thai office in Australia and ask them to select seats for us but they cannot either. The told me to wait a week and send them this request again. On Monday 7/18, I asked them to select seats again and they still cannot change the seats for us. Here is their email.

"Our system is currently experiencing problems with the seating which our head office are aware of and trying to get fixed with Amadeus the reservations system that we use worldwide. I am not able to change your seating at present because of that problem and we do not know when it will be fixed but please contact me again in August and hopefully the system problem will be fixed."
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Well, here is my 2c worth. Had recently two flights in C class. One, preselected seats and got them. Second one, preselected during booking. Then change of equipment through me and Mrs out of our seats, so I preselected different ones. Change back to original equipment through us out again, so I again preselected something else. So far, it sort of worked... Two days before the flight, found that we have been thrown out from our preselected seats and put way apart. Managed to preselect last two adjacent seats and got them at the end.

Guess who was sitting in those two seats we were kicked out of 2 days before flight? Yes, you are guessing right TVIPs!!!
And this is not the first time - so I think seat preselection on TG is a joke!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:23 am

manage to select seat yesterday.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: Velocity Gold
They have obviously managed to break their website. There is now a pop up box when you login to manage my booking stating that seat selection is not available. They must have been getting hounded about it. Hope they fix it soon.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by travelislife
They have obviously managed to break their website. There is now a pop up box when you login to manage my booking stating that seat selection is not available. They must have been getting hounded about it. Hope they fix it soon.
Well the pop up is there but I can generally still select seats, occasional errors but they seem to be sticking.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:35 pm

Is anyone else having problems even getting the 'Manage My Booking' to load? When I input details and click 'Find Booking' the page just keeps refreshing.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by travelislife
Is anyone else having problems even getting the 'Manage My Booking' to load? When I input details and click 'Find Booking' the page just keeps refreshing.
That happens via the TG app (which I think is really just a mobile browser), has been like that for ages. But haven't generally had the same issues with the desktop site...but it is doing the same now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.