Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help selecting seat on award ticket

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Help selecting seat on award ticket

I booked an award ticket (business class) through United with some of the flights on Thai. I'm trying to select my seats, and it looks like the Thai US Los Angeles office closed, so the old phone number no longer works. What's the quickest way to select seats now without calling Thailand? I only have my united confirmation number, not the Amadeus one for Thai's website. Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K on final to 2MM
you should be able to log in to your Mileage Plus account and view the reservation and get the confirmation number assigned by TG. then go to the manage my booking tab on the Thai website and sign in. It may take a day or two for the Thai confirmation number to show up in the Mileage Plus account, if you don't want to wait just call UA and ask for the Thai confirmation number. if you can't access the seat info through the Thai website, just call the 800 number with the Thai confirmation number and tell them what seats you would like to chose.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bankerflyer
you should be able to log in to your Mileage Plus account and view the reservation and get the confirmation number assigned by TG. then go to the manage my booking tab on the Thai website and sign in. It may take a day or two for the Thai confirmation number to show up in the Mileage Plus account, if you don't want to wait just call UA and ask for the Thai confirmation number. if you can't access the seat info through the Thai website, just call the 800 number with the Thai confirmation number and tell them what seats you would like to chose.
Unfortunately I don't see the PNR number anywhere on United, and when I called, they said they don't have it.

There's no longer a Thai 800 number, only their number in Thailand, which I'm trying to avoid having to call.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SKooT1027
Unfortunately I don't see the PNR number anywhere on United, and when I called, they said they don't have it.

There's no longer a Thai 800 number, only their number in Thailand, which I'm trying to avoid having to call.
Use the Australia or UK e-mail address from the TG website.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Use the Australia or UK e-mail address from the TG website.
Thanks, I just emailed Australia. It looks like they're closed on the weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday to hear back.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks, I just emailed Australia. It looks like they're closed on the weekend, so I'll have to wait until Monday to hear back.
The TG ticket offices are always closed on the weekend.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:25 pm

For what it's worth, I had the same issue and emailed: [email protected] and received a response 2 days later.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by gilcresr
For what it's worth, I had the same issue and emailed: [email protected] and received a response 2 days later.
The ticket offices will respond same day. They just don't respond over the weekend.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 5:32 pm

"Unfortunately I don't see the PNR number anywhere on United, and when I called, they said they don't have it."

sign in to your MP account and view the reservation. at the top of the page just underneath the UA confirmation number is a link that opens with the confirmation numbers of the airlines other than UA within the same reservation. if you are unable to do this then call UA, it certainly has the Thai confirmation number.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:59 pm

"Unfortunately I don't see the PNR number anywhere on United, and when I called, they said they don't have it."

sign in to your MP account and view the reservation. at the top of the page just underneath the UA confirmation number is a link that opens with the confirmation numbers of the airlines other than UA within the same reservation. if you are unable to do this then call UA, it certainly has the Thai confirmation number.
No and no.

TG confirmation numbers typically are not available through UA, either on the online reservation or by calling.

There's a reason we always advise people to call or e-mail TG in this situation.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:32 am

Does anyone know when they release blocked seats for selection?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 10:50 am

TG confirmation number

despite the advice in post #10, i currently have an award ticket using MP and the TG confirmation number is reflected when I view the reservation. YMMV
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:10 pm

despite the advice in post #10, i currently have an award ticket using MP and the TG confirmation number is reflected when I view the reservation. YMMV
Yes YMMV. And your experience is very much the outlier. I've booked 8-10 TG awards through UA in the past three years (most recently about a month ago) and the TG confirm has never been available through my UA itinerary.

Thus my prior statement that "TG confirmation numbers typically are not available through UA."
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes YMMV. And your experience is very much the outlier. I've booked 8-10 TG awards through UA in the past three years (most recently about a month ago) and the TG confirm has never been available through my UA itinerary.

Thus my prior statement that "TG confirmation numbers typically are not available through UA."
My Thai confirmation number decided to show up about 10 days after ticketing. So it did show up... it just too a while. This for a flight booked on Sept 25 of this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.