Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PE in Thai vs. Air France

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2015, 12:03 am
Original Poster

PE in Thai vs. Air France

Looking ones more at them Asia / Eur flights Looks like Air France offer a good cost, but I have only found bad reviews mostly about seats issues.

Anybody who have tried the Thai and the AF PE class and who like to share a bit about the difference ?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 2:08 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
Thai do not offer Premium Economy widely to Europe, only to Scandinavia (Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm). In those cases the seat is actually a business seat that is sold with economy service.

If you are asking whether this product is superior to AF, then I would answer absolutely, but nowadays Thai's PE fares are almost at the same level as discounted business on AF.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by THD
but nowadays Thai's PE fares are almost at the same level as discounted business on AF.
not sure if thats valid for out of VN fare bucket, this is one of the most discounted fare bucket available with TG...
Old Nov 3, 2015, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
PE fares from CPH and ARN to BKK and S E Asia are more expensive than discounted C fares on other carrier, e.g. LH and QR. However, apparently TG has no problems selling the PE seats which to a large extent justifies the fare level (whereas I doubt C class is selling well as awards seats are often available in C).
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: SK Diamond (*G), HH Gold
I have done CPH-BKK in PE three times during the last month and C has been 80-100% full. As PE is completely sold out unless you book weeks in advance I guess some of the pax in C are PE pax who tried to change their departure date. The difference between PE and C is very small so not a big deal if you already purchased the PE fare.

Smart move by TG to sell half of the C cabin as PE. Many Danish companies only allowes Y (or PE) travel (even though in this case the price is nearly the same). I guess high load factor easily compensates for the small difference in price.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback, but have anybody tried the AF seats, lot of bad info online about seats, so if not just cost
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by IsNoGood
Thanks for all the feedback, but have anybody tried the AF seats, lot of bad info online about seats, so if not just cost
maybe you want to check out the Air France threat for your question....
Old Nov 9, 2015, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
maybe you want to check out the Air France threat for your question....
Indeed, that is the natural source.
From personal experience, AF PE seat is unpleasant for sleeping and does not recline. One of the worst PE seat on the market. But a bit more space than E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.