Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thai Airways Dreamliner TG B787 operations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Thai Airways Dreamliner TG B787 operations

Can anyone who follows TG's deployment of aircraft give us a rundown on 787 Dreamliner operations?

TG.com shows only four 787's in service but touts service to Tokyo, Fukuoka, Hanoi, Saigon, KL, and maybe somewhere else. Then, when I checked the schedule for my BKK-DPS-vv flights in December, it was showing 787.

Would appreciate knowing how many are in service and coming online, and where they're supposed to be going. I know TG is famous for equipment swaps, so not holding my breath.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
BKK-ICN

I am seeing a TG 787 scheduled BKK-ICN in early November.

SL
Old Sep 10, 2015, 4:57 pm

I'm on a TG 787 BKK-PER in November.

Edited to add http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...etwork-update/
Old Sep 10, 2015, 8:14 pm

Programs: ROP
From Airlineroute.net, TG's 787 will be operated to Chennai, Hong Kong (TG628/629), Seoul Incheon, Singapore (TG413/414 on Day 234), Brisbane, Denpasar in Winter 2015 schedules.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 12:37 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
They have 6 B787-8 aircraft in operation.

According to wiki 2 787-9 are on order. I dont think theyre coming anytime soon though.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BigJC
I'm on a TG 787 BKK-PER in November.

Edited to add http://www.routesonline.com/news/29/...etwork-update/
Me too...2nd & 3rd week. ^
Old Sep 14, 2015, 11:06 pm

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Gotta wonder what THAI was thinking with these 787s. The aircraft were optimized for long, thin routes, and THAI has equipped and deployed them on regional routes. It's a shame they didn't put the staggered business class seating in them like the 77W and A388 have. Instead, they're getting these newly-delivered aircraft that have step-over your seat-mate to get to the aisle seating that's a generation back.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 12:07 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Sam Drucker
Gotta wonder what THAI was thinking with these 787s. The aircraft were optimized for long, thin routes, and THAI has equipped and deployed them on regional routes. It's a shame they didn't put the staggered business class seating in them like the 77W and A388 have. Instead, they're getting these newly-delivered aircraft that have step-over your seat-mate to get to the aisle seating that's a generation back.
So they've put a regional style seat in them. Makes sense.

The 787 is in use with Japanese airlines on regional flights. Why can't they be? Just like the A330 can be and 767 can be.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
but they are still full flat!
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

simple thinking here:
small plane = short route.
medium plane = medium route.
big plane = long haul,
new plane = CNX and HKT. thats because we want to show off.

that's still the applied rule set
Old Aug 21, 2016, 6:54 am

TG B787 aircraft assembly location

First of all, I am not sure in this case if I should bump this thread or start a new one. My apologies for bumping an old thread.

I have some concerns about safety issues on 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Does anyone know if the TG 787 dreamliners were assembled in Everett, Washington, or in the South Carolina plant?

I believe that I read online that the TG aircraft were assembled in Everett, but would just like to confirm this.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
First of all, I am not sure in this case if I should bump this thread or start a new one. My apologies for bumping an old thread.

I have some concerns about safety issues on 787 Dreamliner aircraft. Does anyone know if the TG 787 dreamliners were assembled in Everett, Washington, or in the South Carolina plant?

I believe that I read online that the TG aircraft were assembled in Everett, but would just like to confirm this.
Not that it really helps your question....but I am much more scared for my safety in a taxi headed to BKK than I ever would be on a 787.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Not that it really helps your question....but I am much more scared for my safety in a taxi headed to BKK than I ever would be on a 787.
I tend to take private cars (s class or 7 series) to/from the airport for that reason as well.

Whether warranted or not, I have concerns about the safety of the 787. I do not fear flying in general. The relative safety of flying compared to other modes of transportation is irrelevant.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
Whether warranted or not, I have concerns about the safety of the 787. I do not fear flying in general. The relative safety of flying compared to other modes of transportation is irrelevant.
and what are your concerns? and what has this to do with the location of the assembly?
Old Aug 21, 2016, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
and what are your concerns? and what has this to do with the location of the assembly?
Quality issues with South Carolina assembly. Some major airlines apparently will only accept Everett, Washington assembled 787 aircraft.

This is an interesting documentary by Al Jazeera on the 787.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.