Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THAI's BKK Departure Fast Track

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
Before Gold track at LHR T2, in T3 I was allowed to use fast track too even flying Y, I discovered that in my last YCL flight out from T3.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 2:10 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Yes it is true. I also know the reason why I can use the fast track, but I can't tell you.
Obscure story , do we have a TIP on FT dear Nop ? . Would looooove to know the reason, even having stopped trying to understand Thais and Thailand.

Even with fast track, BKK is still BKK and the biggest privilege is NOT having to be there .
Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:28 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by behuman
Even with fast track, BKK is still BKK and the biggest privilege is NOT having to be there .
with inbound and outbound fast track, the FCL and very little delays I prefer BKK over most of the other airports in Asia, even SIN, HKG, ICN, but certainly over any airport in China or India
Old Jan 12, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus
Where is line for APEC in bkk departures?

Hello fellow travelers! Live in Bangkok now and just tried to use my APEC card for expedited departure thru immigration. Only saw one area for Thais and other for foreigners. Asked a couple staff where is preferred line for APEC but no luck. Any tips on where I can find would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by travlguy
Hello fellow travelers! Live in Bangkok now and just tried to use my APEC card for expedited departure thru immigration. Only saw one area for Thais and other for foreigners. Asked a couple staff where is preferred line for APEC but no luck. Any tips on where I can find would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Haven't been through for a while but I seem to recall it's on the far left of the Falang desks, ie in between Thai and Falang. Signage is Diplomat/Official I think.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 7:55 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
APEC card holders can use fast track.

Over the past few weeks I have departed BKK three times and this queue has been "unusually" very long.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Likewise I have departed BKK 4 times in the last month. The 'fast track' includes diplomatic, APEC, crew, Thailand Elite, those departing using the airline fast track gold cardboard card, and those with small children.

The latter group is new in my experience. As WLGBase notes, it really isn't as fast track as it used to be - but still better than the main departure (I assume).

After check-in when facing the various departure options (i.e. south), those departing in F/J on THAI have a dedicated fastback that provides direct entry to the THAI lounge area in concourse D (IIRC). I usually use the fastback in the centre of concourse D. I'm not sure if there is another further to the 'right'.

Cheers, TK
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I usually use the fastback in the centre of concourse D. I'm not sure if there is another further to the 'right'.

Cheers, TK
There are indeed two fasttrack areas, each adjacent to the two immigration halls.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It's very simple, there is a signed APEC departure counter but it is in name only because it's in the departure section reserved for Thai F/C/ROP. If you're flying on another airline you can't use it. If you're flying Thai F/C you can use it regardless of whether or not you have an ABTC.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by WLG Base
APEC card holders can use fast track.

Over the past few weeks I have departed BKK three times and this queue has been "unusually" very long.
Not only that, expired cardholders can also use Fast Track for departure. The attendants at the entry point don't check the card's validity, just that you've got one and a valid boarding pass, which they are much more interested in checking. You could possibly borrow one from a friend of the opposite sex and still be waved through

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.