Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T1/T2 Lounge Access at TPE

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
T1/T2 Lounge Access at TPE

Will be transiting through Taipei (from Fukuoka on EVA) en route to BKK (on TG).

Arriving in Terminal 2 and transferring to Terminal 1 for flight to BKK. It's been ages since I've been in TPE. I know they recently remodeled T1 (it used to be kind of dumpy) and I know the lounges--especially TG's--were pretty bad.

What do you suggest with a good 6 hr layover? Lounge access in T2 at one of the better lounges then transfer to T1? Or have the lounges in T1 improved?
Old Mar 19, 2015, 11:29 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
the TG lounge in TPE has moved, is quite better now and is now AFTER security and immigration
I do not know the EVA lounge in TPE so can not give you a comparison
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:50 am

Programs: CX Gold, UA Silver, AA Gold (1MM), Marriott Plat
I just flew on TG from TPE on 26-MAR. I found the TG lounge quite small and the food selection poor. Ended up making the 15 minute walk to the EVA lounge, which was fantastic by comparison.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Exec Platinum, TG ROP, WOH Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by hpvamp
Ended up making the 15 minute walk to the EVA lounge, which was fantastic by comparison.
Thanks! Question: did that 15 min walk entail switching terminals? I was under the impression that TG is T2 and EVA/BR is T1.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Originally Posted by filmwill
Thanks! Question: did that 15 min walk entail switching terminals? I was under the impression that TG is T2 and EVA/BR is T1.
You can actually walk from T1 to T2. The only good lounge in T1 China Airlines unfortunately not *A
Old Mar 20, 2015, 2:06 am

TG is also in Terminal 1 but on the other side then EVA
yes the TG lounge is not huge and food offer limited, but just for a short stay below one hour I wouldn't walk the 15 minutes unless it is food that you are after
as you have a long layover, you can explore several options
Old Mar 20, 2015, 4:33 am
Accor Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: CX MPC GO, IHG, OZ, NH (no longer UA MP*G thanks to SMJ)(no longer A3 *G due to COVID))
Originally Posted by hpvamp
…… the EVA lounge, which was fantastic
I haven't been to TG's lounge, but BR's lounge is very good, with good food and nice shower facility.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BinSabai
TG is also in Terminal 1 but on the other side then EVA
Sorry, my response should've said EVA is in Terminal 2 and it's Thai that in Terminal 1 (not the other way around).

So that said, I'm confused by your post. According to all sources, TG and BR are in different terminals, not opposite sides of the same terminal. Right?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 1:03 am

Sorry, my response should've said EVA is in Terminal 2 and it's Thai that in Terminal 1 (not the other way around).

So that said, I'm confused by your post. According to all sources, TG and BR are in different terminals, not opposite sides of the same terminal. Right?
you got me with your error! China Airlines, the other Taiwan carrier is in Terminal 1, EVA in Terminal 2. But most of the time all airlines use only the runway in front of Terminal 1, while the other runway in front of Terminal 2 remains unused. and the Terminals are actually connected

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.