FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1641827-new-thai-airways-please-post-your-questions-here.html)

shadowhyde Nov 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi everyone,

As I'd be on TG472 from SYD to BKK and the flight leaves at 22.00, would there be any lounge that I can visit? I checked the Sydney Airport Website and it says SQ lounge closes at 18.30 and NZ lounge closes at 20.00, the NZ Website also says that it remains opened until the last NZ flight departs.

Thanks for your advice in advance!

Cheers,
SH

Phaze Jan 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Just wondering if there's a snack menu in J in between meals? Will be on TG911. Thanks.

BinSabai Jan 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by Phaze (Post 25995733)
Just wondering if there's a snack menu in J in between meals? Will be on TG911. Thanks.

instant noodles are the highlight on the snack menu beside chocolates, biscuit etc.

Phaze Jan 11, 2016 12:16 am

Thank you.

JaytheBarber Jan 17, 2016 8:30 pm

Hello experts.

I am traveling with my wife from BKK to USM in late May and returning several days later in early June. I was hoping to transfer Starwood points to TG and book this as an award for each of us.

I have been using the United website to search TG award availability (I can't seem to figure out how to search award availability on TG website with a 0 balance). It appears that May and the several months before are wide open on award availability for this route. However, there are 0 awards beginning June 1. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will the June dates become available at a certain time?

BinSabai Jan 17, 2016 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by JaytheBarber (Post 26034990)
Hello experts.

I am traveling with my wife from BKK to USM in late May and returning several days later in early June. I was hoping to transfer Starwood points to TG and book this as an award for each of us.

I have been using the United website to search TG award availability (I can't seem to figure out how to search award availability on TG website with a 0 balance). It appears that May and the several months before are wide open on award availability for this route. However, there are 0 awards beginning June 1. Does anyone have any insight on this? Will the June dates become available at a certain time?

wait 1-2 months and suddenly they will pop up

JaytheBarber Jan 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 26035006)
wait 1-2 months and suddenly they will pop up

Thanks for this information. I have a couple follow up questions:

1. would it be advisable to go ahead and book my outbound one way and then just wait until awards show for the return flight to book or alternatively, wait until the round trip is available and then book? I don't want to miss out on the outbound portion by waiting, but there appears to be a price break for doing a round trip as opposed to one-way.

2. The TG award chart shows a certain redemption rate "within Thailand" (15K round trip) and then a separate redemption for Phuket and Chiang Mai (25K round trip). I am under the impression USM (Koh Samui) falls under the "within Thailand" rate. Is this correct? I haven't seen anything that would indicate Koh Samui has a higher rate.

Thank you again for this helpful information.

MikeFromTokyo Jan 23, 2016 9:34 pm

1. TG, to my knowledge, only has round trip awards. I wouldn't worry too much about availablity at this point, just ticket the round trip when it becomes available. You can transfer the miles to TG in advance, so it will be easy to ticket without waiting.

2. BKK-USM is of course within Thailand, so 15k applies. CNX-HKT is presumably 25k because it is TG's longest domestic flight.

Thai-Kiwi Jan 25, 2016 4:23 pm

Any seating benefits for ROP Silver?

Been away for a while...and I note THAI restricts the forward economy cabin to those on Q class or better fares.

Having just regained Silver, does this (modest status) provide Silver members access to the forward cabin when purchasing more restricted fares than Q, specifically V/W?

I've read the handbook, and searched the forum, but can't find anything definitive.

Thanks, TK

BinSabai Jan 25, 2016 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 26079967)
Having just regained Silver, does this (modest status) provide Silver members access to the forward cabin when purchasing more restricted fares than Q, specifically V/W?

status does not bring you forward in cattle class cabin, just ticket fare; however status can get you a seat reservation in advance; not sure if Silver is sufficient though

Thai-Kiwi Jan 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 26080330)
status does not bring you forward in cattle class cabin, just ticket fare; however status can get you a seat reservation in advance; not sure if Silver is sufficient though

Thanks, as it happens when musing today I noticed the V/W availability has all gone on the (fixed) long dates I was looking at....in which case I may have to pay USD 400 more for Q class seats (or choose a different carrier. Not a great drama either way.

arma5 Jan 31, 2016 9:05 am

What does the G in TG stand for?

No question too stupid, eh? Ok, I'll bite: what does the G in TG stand for? Thai Group? Something in the Thai language that starts with a G?

Several attendants in the BKK FCL don't know the answer, so I figure that's the time to turn to Flyertalk!

Phaze Jan 31, 2016 10:07 am

Same thing the Q in SQ stands for, or the BR in BR, or the K in EK.

BinSabai Jan 31, 2016 4:22 pm

TG stands for "Thanks God" we landed safely...

Thai-Kiwi Feb 2, 2016 5:57 am

Originally Posted by arma5 (Post 26109878)
No question too stupid, eh? Ok, I'll bite: what does the G in TG stand for? Thai Group? Something in the Thai language that starts with a G?

Several attendants in the BKK FCL don't know the answer, so I figure that's the time to turn to Flyertalk!

Controlled by IATA Resolution 762, application form linked for the bored or curious.

Of course, IATA will ask you to pay to read the detail contained in the Airline Coding Directory (ACD). The Table of Contents is linked for the super bored or ultra curious....:cool::rolleyes:

https://www.iata.org/services/Docume...nator-form.pdf
http://www.iata.org/publications/Doc...nd-edition.pdf
http://www.iata.org/publications/Pages/coding.aspx

Cheers, TK