FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   New to Thai Airways? Please post your questions here (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1641827-new-thai-airways-please-post-your-questions-here.html)

Thai-Kiwi Mar 6, 2020 11:10 am

e

Originally Posted by BernardBlack (Post 32148844)
Thai-Kiwi , two are in fact kids, but they are not infants. Would that still be allowed? My read of the Star rules is "no" but if in practice it's "yes" that's good to know.

mine were 10 and 12. you can but ask. if they are adult kids, then unlikely.

THAI are usually very accommodating to families,

BernardBlack Mar 6, 2020 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 32150204)
mine were 10 and 12. you can but ask. if they are adult kids, then unlikely.

THAI are usually very accommodating to families,

​​​​​Great. Thanks.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Mar 6, 2020 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by KimDC (Post 32149477)
Does anyone have any idea what gate TG433 (BKK-Jakarta) generally departs from (realizing, obviously that gates do change)? In the alternative, if the gate changes on a daily basis, what area of the airport does TGG generally leave from? We are flying business from LHR to BKK and then BKK onto CGK. I'd like to know what other *A lounges may be available to us in the vicinity of where our flight will depart from. I've done a bunch of internet searches and all of then give me flight departure/arrival info, but no gate info. Thanks in advance!

Regardless of where the flight leaves from, if your transit is long enough, you want to head to the (new) main lounge and spa on Concourse D. Further along concourse D is also the Singapore Airlines and Turkish lounges.

In general TG biz class lounges are pretty average, so I'd be sticking to the main one. If your transit is short, just head for the closest lounge to the departure gate, which you'll find out easily enough on the day (they're all the same).

joy16 Mar 9, 2020 7:27 am

Originally Posted by KimDC (Post 32149477)
Does anyone have any idea what gate TG433 (BKK-Jakarta) generally departs from (realizing, obviously that gates do change)? In the alternative, if the gate changes on a daily basis, what area of the airport does TGG generally leave from? We are flying business from LHR to BKK and then BKK onto CGK. I'd like to know what other *A lounges may be available to us in the vicinity of where our flight will depart from. I've done a bunch of internet searches and all of then give me flight departure/arrival info, but no gate info. Thanks in advance!

From my experiences, the gate is random. It was used the furthest gate in Concorde E when I took this flight in October last year but it was used Gate C2 yesterday (8 Mar 2020).

danger Mar 16, 2020 4:23 pm

Does Thai offer early check-in and bag drop for business class and/or Star Gold at BKK? I'm coming off a LH flight in F with am almost 1p hour layover beforey onward flight. I was hoping to claim my baggage at BKK, get a change of clothes and pack some duty free, then drop my luggage off and go airside well before the flight. All I could find on the TG website was that check-in opens three hours prior.

​​Also, coming off the LH F flight, will I will be able to access the TG F lounge before my onward J flight?

CPH-Flyer Mar 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by danger (Post 32194979)
Does Thai offer early check-in and bag drop for business class and/or Star Gold at BKK? I'm coming off a LH flight in F with am almost 1p hour layover beforey onward flight. I was hoping to claim my baggage at BKK, get a change of clothes and pack some duty free, then drop my luggage off and go airside well before the flight. All I could find on the TG website was that check-in opens three hours prior.

​​Also, coming off the LH F flight, will I will be able to access the TG F lounge before my onward J flight?

You can basically check in anytime for the departures of the day. So as long as your connection is not an overnight connection you should be fine

No F lounge access. Departure in LH F yes, arrival from LH F no. And no massage on departure with LH F either.

danger Mar 16, 2020 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32195018)
You can basically check in anytime for the departures of the day. So as long as your connection is not an overnight connection you should be fine

No F lounge access. Departure in LH F yes, arrival from LH F no. And no massage on departure with LH F either.

Thank you for that. Very helpful. My onward departure is 12.01am so I assume that would be okay for the anytime check-in.

CPH-Flyer Mar 16, 2020 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by danger (Post 32195277)
Thank you for that. Very helpful. My onward departure is 12.01am so I assume that would be okay for the anytime check-in.

That should count as same day.

danger Mar 21, 2020 5:21 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer (Post 32195018)

I am 50% disappointed to say you were 100% right!

Novice17322 Apr 9, 2020 2:46 pm

Looking at booking TG F from Sydney to Penang for December 2020. Notice on the Thai website that there are only three seats left for F Flexi. This is the same for other dates. Are the other 6 FC seats really sold?

Also have a question regarding lounge access. Arriving in TG F from SYD and transiting to Penang on Thai Smile (on the same day with 4hrs stop over). Unfortunately Thai Smile is on a A320 and only have premium economy, Do I have access to any Thai lounge?

Thai-Kiwi Apr 9, 2020 3:13 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Novice17322 (Post 32279767)
Looking at booking TG F from Sydney to Penang for December 2020. Notice on the Thai website that there are only three seats left for F Flexi. This is the same for other dates. Are the other 6 FC seats really sold?

Also have a question regarding lounge access. Arriving in TG F from SYD and transiting to Penang on Thai Smile (on the same day with 4hrs stop over). Unfortunately Thai Smile is on a A320 and only have premium economy, Do I have access to any Thai lounge?

Welcome to FT and your first post :-)

The seats and sub-classes offered are as any airline wishes to make available, and not necessarily reflective of seats sold. This will be determined by the sales and marketing team. Usually automated - but these are different times, and TG may manually be offering only F first class seats and be withholding A and P classes to see what the market will bear. Maybe cheaper classes will become available - who knows?,

WE flights in PE allow lounge access, although finding this is not obvious. I made a dummy booking and have highlighted lounge access. This should be TG’s business class lounge (Royal Silk) per Star Alliance protocols about lounge access being determined by the departing flight class. However, you can politely ask to access the First Class lounge, just be prepared for a no.

Cheers, TK

Novice17322 Apr 9, 2020 3:18 pm

Thai-Kiwi, many thanks for your prompt reply, much appreciated.

restlessinRNO Apr 9, 2020 6:34 pm

Novice17322 - FYI if you are Royal Orchid Gold or above, you will have lounge access on departing Thai Smile (WE) flights even flying economy. :)

ALGU Apr 30, 2020 10:17 pm

1) Is it possible to qualify for Platinum when achieving 160K miles in 12 months (January 2021 - December 2021) vs 80K in two consecutive 12 months (January 2021 - December 2021, January 2022 - December 2022).
2) If I have no status and complete 50K miles in January 2022 and do not obtaining anymore status miles thereafter, how long will my gold status be valid?
3) Does TG do soft landing for Platinum and Gold members?

AnttiV Sep 22, 2021 4:50 am

This has probably been asked before but my search skills failed me.

Do Non-ROP Star Gold members get 20kg extra baggage allowance on WE operated TG marketed flights?