Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Arriving Cathay 18:00. Depart Domestic Thai 20:05?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2014, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat

Hello: We are arriving to BKK on Tuesday January 13th via Cathay Pacific in J. Arrives 6:00pm

Will need to collect baggage-customs/immigration etc. Trying to figure out which flight to take to Phuket that evening. There is a very late flight at 10:30pm. I know we can make that one. 4 1/2 hours in between!

There is also a flight at 8:05pm. That would give us 2 hours and 5 minutes for everything. I would much prefer to try to make that one. Do you think that would be possible? (We are also going to be in J on Thai.)

Thank you!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I wouldn't do that short connection with checked bags. Immigration should be fine but the bags can take a while at BKK.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
IMO no problems if you check through bags ad flight is not more than 45 minutes late; if flight arrive late, they will rebook you to the later one
you have to go through immigration and security in BKK
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If on 1 ticket, I would book the 20:05 TG flight. You will get rebooked to later flight if your CX flight arrive late. There should be plenty of time to make this connection and most likely it will work for you without hassle.

If on two tickets, I would make sure that the TG can can be changed/rebooked. Most J fares on TG can be changed against payment of a moderat rebooking fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.