Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Seat reservation issue in Royal Silk - who to contact?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

I'm booked on TG flights in Royal Silk at the end of the year. Booked two return tickets way back in early February, and selected seats 11AB on the A340 BKK-LHR (return leg on 3rd January).

Thai temporarily switched aircraft to a 747 a month or so ago, then switched back again soon after. On my reservation, the seats were still showing 11AB but now without confirmation ticks next to them.

I tried re-selecting the seats today, and the system appeared to randomly throw us into 25BJ (yes...), with no ability to move again.

I contacted my travel agent who confirmed we were actually in seats 11A and 12F, and the flight was completely fully booked so no way to move seats. This is despite the seat map indicating there are a few spare seats on that flight, including several empty pairs.

I'm * Gold through United.

I can't seem to resolve this and I don't want to sit apart from my travelling companion. Apart from anything, these tickets were very expensive.

I'm based in the UK but happy to speak to someone in Thailand to sort this out. Does anyone have advice on who I could contact to resolve this? I'd have thought that * Gold status would confer some ability to get seating sorted?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
The Thai ticket office in LA has always been extremely helpful in all my dealings with them: [email protected]

I would suggest you email them or contact your local Thai office as a first step.

SunLover
Old Nov 2, 2014, 2:46 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum

747 there is no 25J...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 4:16 am
Original Poster

It's an A340. Which is worse still in there's no row 25 at all!

I'll try my local Thai office tomorrow. The website now randomly says I'm still in 25B (Royal Silk stops at row 20), but my companion is in 18J, although this doesn't show on the seat map. I can't believe a word the website says .
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: BRK-B
Changing to 747 is annoying.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I send an email to: [email protected]

and usually get a reply, within a few hours. The reply comes from what looks to be a Thai person based in Bangkok.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.