Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NRT-BKK First Class service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:34 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
I flew BKK NRT on A380 in F two days ago, and received Rimowa kit and slippers, no caviar, no PJs, but was offered a pre-arrival meal.

It was the 7:30am departure. It is my understanding that NRT is not considered long haul as it is only just under 6 hours. They only serve caviar on what they class as long haul routes, such as to Europe, Australia (they served caviar on the Sydney route until recently when they dropped F on the Oz routes).
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by Thaikwai
I flew BKK NRT on A380 in F two days ago, and received Rimowa kit and slippers, no caviar, no PJs, but was offered a pre-arrival meal.

It was the 7:30am departure. It is my understanding that NRT is not considered long haul as it is only just under 6 hours. They only serve caviar on what they class as long haul routes, such as to Europe, Australia (they served caviar on the Sydney route until recently when they dropped F on the Oz routes).
Interestingly, on JALs NRT-CGK flight in first, the 7:30 block time is not considered long haul either! Can anyone think of an intra-asia flight that serves caviar?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:19 am

BKK-KIX has rimowa, slippers, PJs...no caviar.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:58 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
im flying BKK-HND next month which sees return of First class service with Boeing 747 replacing the B787. This is a redeye 2315 from BKK. Looks like I can likely expect pyjamas, perhaps a snack after takeoff and breakfast before landing?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
im flying BKK-HND next month which sees return of First class service with Boeing 747 replacing the B787. This is a redeye 2315 from BKK. Looks like I can likely expect pyjamas, perhaps a snack after takeoff and breakfast before landing?
yes that's standard if you are in F on a red eye!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
yes that's standard if you are in F on a red eye!
However i was able to order the thai set menu so will i be hetting something extra over the standard menu?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Recent reports show the Thai set menu as containing quite a bit of food. I haven't seen a report specifically mention this option on a red-eye, so I don't know if they adjust the quantity based on meal time.

Be sure to report back so we will all know.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Recent reports show the Thai set menu as containing quite a bit of food. I haven't seen a report specifically mention this option on a red-eye, so I don't know if they adjust the quantity based on meal time.

Be sure to report back so we will all know.
Sure will
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:39 pm

Programs: MileagePlus - Gold
Originally Posted by Thaikwai

Clarification. You were served only one meal on the this flight or two (breakfast and pre-arrival)? Also do they serve the standard long haul wines / champaign or is there a different list for this flight?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by willryu
Clarification. You were served only one meal on the this flight or two (breakfast and pre-arrival)? Also do they serve the standard long haul wines / champaign or is there a different list for this flight?
I think it's been a few years since Thai had a different Regional F champagne, it's just Dom all round these days

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.