Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Amenity Kit in F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
I flew TG F BKK to FRA last December and the same route 2 weeks ago. The men's PJs seemed new, the Dec flight were dark blue and weren't cut that well. The ones I got two weeks were in a carrying case and beige and cut much nicer. The fabric seems like a higher thread count, so even though no rimowa I actually took the PJs with me when I normally leave them. def a plus on the PJ front
Old Aug 5, 2014, 6:48 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by fkatzRTW
I flew TG F BKK to FRA last December and the same route 2 weeks ago. The men's PJs seemed new, the Dec flight were dark blue and weren't cut that well. The ones I got two weeks were in a carrying case and beige and cut much nicer. The fabric seems like a higher thread count, so even though no rimowa I actually took the PJs with me when I normally leave them. def a plus on the PJ front
Pyjamas change often, sometimes two different style available on the same flight or one that you thought is already gone is coming back
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Pyjamas change often, sometimes two different style available on the same flight or one that you thought is already gone is coming back
BinSabai, since you are such a high-level flyer with Thai, is it possible that you could confirm with Thai that this is a permanent change?

I loved the Thai Rimowa kits because they had such a wide variety of colors, and nothing else has the look and feel of quality like Rimowa, so I am hoping that this is just a temporary change. I am flying to BKK again in a few months in Thai F, and am hoping that the Rimowa kits are back.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by zombietooth
BinSabai, since you are such a high-level flyer with Thai, is it possible that you could confirm with Thai that this is a permanent change?
and whom do you want me to ask? Is the CEO of TG sufficient or should it be the President of the Board or better indeed directly Prayuth Chan-Ocha?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:56 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
and whom do you want me to ask? Is the CEO of TG sufficient or should it be the President of the Board or better indeed directly Prayuth Chan-Ocha?
Maybe rimowa directly?

BR J class is starting to look like quite the product! dom + rimowa
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:53 am

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Nope, I had never gotten PJ offered to me as souvenir, or if I have ever seen it offered to any pax, though quite often I was offered extra Rimowa.
Maybe I have more of a PJ look than an amenity kit look. Heh.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by RCTP
Maybe I have more of a PJ look than an amenity kit look. Heh.
I could fit in with my Dom look!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Ouch!
Silly me, I was thinking that Thai might actually care what their highest-level clients think and have an elite customer service line with knowledgeable, empowered, and responsive personnel.

I take from your tone that Thai's CS is as bad as UA's.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I doubt it is permanent, more like temporary out of stock, as TG had periods before when Rimowa wasn't available, if you remembered for the past 5 years about F kits, for several months it switched to the Tumi bag with Hermes product, then after that for another several months, only A380 F has Rimowa, 744 F only got Tumi.

The current Porshe Design purple or white hard case has Bogner products, which means C class stuff, (and the same kit was handed out in C class too) as TG had Bogner stuff before when it was using that crème color Aigner bag. Also if you pay attention, the Bogner stuff only has lipbalm and handcreme, lack of eau de toilette, which TG F kit always come with Eau de Toilette like when it was using Rimowa or even with the Tumi bag.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
I doubt it is permanent, more like temporary out of stock, as TG had periods before when Rimowa wasn't available, if you remembered for the past 5 years about F kits, for several months it switched to the Tumi bag with Hermes product, then after that for another several months, only A380 F has Rimowa, 744 F only got Tumi.

The current Porshe Design purple or white hard case has Bogner products, which means C class stuff, (and the same kit was handed out in C class too) as TG had Bogner stuff before when it was using that crème color Aigner bag. Also if you pay attention, the Bogner stuff only has lipbalm and handcreme, lack of eau de toilette, which TG F kit always come with Eau de Toilette like when it was using Rimowa or even with the Tumi bag.
I did get a Porsche Design kit back in March when I was in J, and you are right, they are exactly the same. So, what you are saying makes the most sense. I was just flummoxed by what the chief purser on my last flight told me about Rimowa being too expensive, and thought that a permanent change might be in the works.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
I did get a Porsche Design kit back in March when I was in J, and you are right, they are exactly the same. So, what you are saying makes the most sense. I was just flummoxed by what the chief purser on my last flight told me about Rimowa being too expensive, and thought that a permanent change might be in the works.
Originally Posted by exmike
Maybe rimowa directly?
Rimowa doesn't supply the kits, brand name bag or not, all comes from a 3rd party, in this case it is Formia. Formia partners with Rimowa and Porshe Design. Airlines that use Formia for their amenity kits include TG, BR, LH, TK, QR, OS, and KE.

TG Rimowa
http://www.formia.com/fas/itp_ntar.php
BR Rimowa
http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/fo...s-for-eva-air/

Last edited by ORDnHKG; Aug 6, 2014 at 11:24 am
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:24 am

Ouch!
Silly me, I was thinking that Thai might actually care what their highest-level clients think and have an elite customer service line with knowledgeable, empowered, and responsive personnel.

I take from your tone that Thai's CS is as bad as UA's.
My TG CS just told me that Rimowa kits will be uplifted around mid September!

...Thai's CS is much better than UA's and light years more friendly!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:42 am

Thanks for checking.^

Good news for everyone flying beyond mid-September.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat

Just flew on TG FRA to BKK in F, got a Porsche Design case. I was so disappointed. Was on Business from BKK to DPS, also received the same Porsche Design case in purple.

The whole TG F experience was very poor, especially I took TG immediately after the excellent LH F service.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 11:07 am

thanks, although that's too late for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.