Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Verify Thai award using United MileagePlus miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Gold

In about a month I will be taking a flight from SYD-BKK-SIN in Thai F/J using miles from my United MileagePlus account.

Because there have been horror stories about United's IT systems correctly ticketing flights with their partner airlines, I was wondering what is the best way to confirm that I really have a ticket with Thai?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
In my case a month ago it really didn't help that UA couldn't even give me my TG PNR. So, didn't even bother calling TG and no luck trying to find it on either airlines web sites.

The good news there were no issues when showing up at BKK and was the best F experience I ever had!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Call Thai and tell them your legal name and flight info and they will give you the PNR etc
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:04 pm

Same here as UA couldn't give me my confirmation number. A quick call to Thai and the friendly agent was able to confirm my ticket and help with seat assignments. I then used the conf # to pre-order my meals.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:26 pm

Easy, just call THAI and ask them. They can do seat selections and everything.

When I went to check-in in Omaha though, that was a different story. United could only ticket me to Frankfurt. Luckily once I arrived to Frankfurt, they were able to look me up in the computer so I could access the lounge. 45 mins prior to departure I had to make my way down to the gate and look for an agent to get my tickets issued to Burma. I was a bit nervous, but eventually had my tickets issued and was seated in 1A.

On the way back, THAI was able to ticket me all the way back to Omaha, but once in China they ripped up my nice THAI boarding passes and issued me new crappy looking ones.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
You can also email the LA office: [email protected] if you prefer written confirmation.

I also read of the horror stories, but so far haven't had issues with my UA award ticket ticketing. I had a SQ-OZ-UA reservation which I changed to TG-BR online. One oddity is the other confirmation reference on UA still lists my OZ one. Contacted TG and checked all was well plus the actual booking reference.

Similar topic in United section: Gettting seats on Thai airways-flights booked on united
Old Jul 24, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Call Thai and tell them your legal name and flight info and they will give you the PNR etc
This is what I always do and I have never had an issue with a TG Award issued using UA miles . I print out both itins from TG and from UA and have it all with me but never needed it.

Once I have the TG PNR, I then go in and do my "book the chef" meals etc. For seat assignments, you have to call.

The same process works on SQ too.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:58 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
I booked an award on TG with my UA miles a few months back; all you need to do is call Thai and give them your name and flight info and they can confirm the reservation and get your seats assigned. Ask for their confirmation number before hanging up and keep in handy.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by AZjohns
In my case a month ago it really didn't help that UA couldn't even give me my TG PNR. So, didn't even bother calling TG and no luck trying to find it on either airlines web sites.

The good news there were no issues when showing up at BKK and was the best F experience I ever had!
I called Thai and gave them my name and they gave we the confirmation number
Old Jul 28, 2013, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lmwong1977
You can also email the LA office: [email protected] if you prefer written confirmation.
+1 to this. I've emailed them a couple times when there were schedule changes as well to make sure it didn't cause any issues. They'll also give you a seat assignment via email (and provided me the confirmation number when I requested the seat assignment initially).
Old Jul 28, 2013, 8:15 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Make sure it is reserved and ticketed. I had a Reservation with I could see, but when checking with reservation they stated that it was reserved but not ticketed and I ended up having to fly on a different flight. Best way to confirm that it is ticketed is to have the CSA verify that there is a ticket #. (in the case of a UA ticket I believe it starts with 016)
Old Jul 29, 2013, 5:10 pm
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by damaxer91
And once you get the PNR from TG, you can go to TG website and bookmark your booking details so that you can always check flight status, request meal...etc.

I used my UA miles on TG flights so many times in the past 3 yrs, never once I had an issue. But each time I would call TG to get the PNR and bookmark it for meals..etc.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 5:35 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Just chiming in her to reiterate what most other posters have already stated. I've used UA miles for several TG flights in the past year or two. UA's system is terrible but I just call TG and they find my confirmation # and confirm my seats. It's pretty simple and straight forward. I also keep printed copies of my itinerary from United and Thai's website....just in case....
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I've made probably 50~60 TG award bookings through the UA site. Never, ever had a problem. If you're a nervous nellie, just call TG with your name, date and flight number. They can confirm.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
I booked an award J TG ticket. Of course UA was clueless about what the TG ticket number was so I can confirm it was properly ticketed and get advanced seat assignments/pre-order my meal in advance.

I sent an email to [email protected] with my full legal name and the date of flight/flight number and they were able to help me select my seat and retrieve my TG ticket/confirmation number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.